New Hampshire Retirement Home to Sell $44M
- Debt swap kicks in. // Earth Island Journal;Spring90, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
Describes two debt swaps with Brazilian debts. Swap of Brazilian debt for the services of Brazilian soccer player Romaria Farias by Dutch soccer club Eindhoven; Karl Ziegler's plan to purchase $50 billion in discounted Brazilian debt and finance an Amazon rainforest project.
- Debt Swap Completed In Caracas. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p11
Reports that Venezuelan Finance Ministry has succeeded in swapping domestic debt in two auctions in December 2002. Details of the debt swap auction; Concerns regarding the country's debt restructuring.
- Debt Exchange In Uruguay. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p12
Reports that the Uruguayan government has completed a debt swap in November 2002. Terms of the debt swap; Discussion of the warning against the exchange of U.S. dollar-denominated bonds for peso-denominated paper.
- Illinois $52 Billion Budget Adds Swaps, Internal Fund Transfers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31649, p3
This article reports that Illinois budget officials soon will have the ability to issue variable-rate debt and use swaps in bond deals, and the power to transfer money from internal funds, lesser-known provisions of the 52.4 billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget approved by lawmakers as of May 30,...
- Putting the Reins on JeffCo. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p9
The article reports on the passage of HB 613 by state senators that requires any debt that exceed five million issued by Jefferson County will undergo a public hearing and places strict requirements on the county's issuance of debt and use of swaps in Alabama.
- Carriers refinance at lower interest rates. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/23/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the debt exchanges offered by wireless communication operators to customers in the U.S. Factor attributed to the move taken by the operators; Information on the operators; Benefit that can be gained by customers from the offer.
- Juggling Debt In Venezuela. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the plan of the Venezuelan government to launch a debt swap in 2003. Total buyback of Brady debt in July 2003; Way in which the debt swap will help the country's debt sustainability; Political tensions in Caracas.
- Law Changes May Increase Prevalence of Texas Swaps. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/8/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32315, p1
The article reports on the effort being made by the legislators and business firms to increase the number of issuers to engage in swap transactions in Texas. A bill has been filed that allow any A-rated issuer in the state with 100 million dollar or more outstanding debt to participate in swaps....
- Chicago Uses Swap to Help Pay Millennium Parking Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31447, p5
Reports the utilization of fixed-to-variable rate swap to meet the debt service payment for the Millennium Park parking garage bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Credit rating of the bonds; Provision of revenue for debt service payment; Cost of the project.