New Hampshire Retirement Home to Sell $44M
- Debt swap kicks in. // Earth Island Journal;Spring90, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p3
Describes two debt swaps with Brazilian debts. Swap of Brazilian debt for the services of Brazilian soccer player Romaria Farias by Dutch soccer club Eindhoven; Karl Ziegler's plan to purchase $50 billion in discounted Brazilian debt and finance an Amazon rainforest project.
- Debt Swap Completed In Caracas. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p11
Reports that Venezuelan Finance Ministry has succeeded in swapping domestic debt in two auctions in December 2002. Details of the debt swap auction; Concerns regarding the country's debt restructuring.
- Debt Exchange In Uruguay. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/2/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p12
Reports that the Uruguayan government has completed a debt swap in November 2002. Terms of the debt swap; Discussion of the warning against the exchange of U.S. dollar-denominated bonds for peso-denominated paper.
- Illinois $52 Billion Budget Adds Swaps, Internal Fund Transfers. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31649, p3
This article reports that Illinois budget officials soon will have the ability to issue variable-rate debt and use swaps in bond deals, and the power to transfer money from internal funds, lesser-known provisions of the 52.4 billion dollar fiscal 2004 budget approved by lawmakers as of May 30,...
- Putting the Reins on JeffCo. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33300, p9
The article reports on the passage of HB 613 by state senators that requires any debt that exceed five million issued by Jefferson County will undergo a public hearing and places strict requirements on the county's issuance of debt and use of swaps in Alabama.
- Carriers refinance at lower interest rates. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;6/23/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the debt exchanges offered by wireless communication operators to customers in the U.S. Factor attributed to the move taken by the operators; Information on the operators; Benefit that can be gained by customers from the offer.
- Juggling Debt In Venezuela. // Emerging Markets Monitor;9/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p9
Reports on the plan of the Venezuelan government to launch a debt swap in 2003. Total buyback of Brady debt in July 2003; Way in which the debt swap will help the country's debt sustainability; Political tensions in Caracas.
- Chicago Uses Swap to Help Pay Millennium Parking Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/12/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31447, p5
Reports the utilization of fixed-to-variable rate swap to meet the debt service payment for the Millennium Park parking garage bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Credit rating of the bonds; Provision of revenue for debt service payment; Cost of the project.
- Argentina's Record Debt Swap Unclogs Emerging Markets. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;6/18/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 24, pN.PAG
Reports on $30 billion rise in debt swap of Argentina, as of June 18, 2001. Impact of increased debt swap on other emerging markets worldwide; Reasons behind increase in debt swap; Plans of Turkey to implement similar strategies for its debt exchange, as that by Argentina.