A SEASON TO REMEMBER
- the Contenders. Wright, Ken // Airman;Aug2002, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p44
Features the U.S. Air Force Academy Falcons football team. 2002 schedule; Perennial uphill battle against NCAA Division I teams; Performance in 2001; Problems with the Falcon game.
- 1958: WILD BLUE DREAM OF GLORY. Murray, James // Sports Illustrated;10/17/1955, Vol. 3 Issue 16, p20
The article focuses on the U.S. Air Force Academy's football team. A freshman football team has been formed and tasked to represent the newest flying academy in the U.S. which has only 300 cadets as students and is located at Denver's Lowry Air Force Base. The young team is coached by Buck Shaw...
- Remarks on Presentation of the Commander-in-Chief Trophy to the United States Air Force Academy Falcons. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/25/98, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p942
Presents the text of the speech given by United States (US) President Bill Clinton on May 21, 1998 during the presentation of the Commander-in-Chief Trophy to the football team US Air Force Academy Falcons.
- Running to Daylight. // Newsweek;5/7/2012, Vol. 159 Issue 19, p16
The article reports on U.S. President Barack Obama's presentation of the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy to the U.S. Air Force Academy for its winning football team.
- High-Flying Falcons. // Time;11/17/1958, Vol. 72 Issue 20, p63
The article focuses on the development of football team Falcons of the U.S. Air Force Academy. It relates the role of coach Ben Martin within several winning matches of the Falcons, who were noted not making name since 1955. Meanwhile, it mentions the discussion between the Falcons and Brigadier...
- Top Ten. // Time;12/8/1958, Vol. 72 Issue 23, p87
The article offers information related to the top ten college football teams in the 1958 football season, according to the magazine "Time." It says that the defensive line and sophomore quarterback Dale Hackbart of the Wisconsin team led to the team's second-place success in the Big Ten. It...
- Remarks on Presenting the Commander in Chief's Trophy to the United States Air Force Academy Falcons. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;5/20/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p837
Presents the text of a speech by U.S. President George W. Bush during the presentation of the Commander in Chief's Trophy to the U.S. Air Force Academy Falcons football team on May 17, 2002. Expression of gratitude to head football coach Fisher DeBerry; Way to protect the lives of innocent people.
- AIRMAN IN THE END ZONE. BARREIRO, JACOB // Airman;Oct2012, p1
The article focuses on Danny Bise, U.S. Air Force Airman 1st Class and a 19th Communications Squadron client service center technician at Little Rock Air Force Base in Arkansas, who scores touchdown in the Arkansas Sabers team's victory. It states that Bise develops a love for football when he...
- WILD BLUE YONDER. FITZGERALD, ROB // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Aug2011, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p52
The article focuses on the physical training program of Air Force Falcons, the collegiate athletic teams that represent the U.S. Air Force Academy. Air Force's strength and conditioning coach Matt McGettigan stresses on the importance of an elite training program for improving the team's...