Air Force set to retire KC-135s
- Magnet for Controversy. Wall, Robert // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/8/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 10, p29
After expressing concern about the unorthodox U.S. Air Force's lease proposal but support for a strong tanker force, John Warner, Republican-Verginia , chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, late last week proposed a compromise between the lease and purchase. Congress would approve the...
- KC-X: The Game Changer for Mobility. Isherwood, Michael // Air & Space Power Journal;Fall2009, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p56
The article provides a comparison of two aerial tanks 172 C-17 and KC-X of the U.S. Air Force. It states that 172 C-17 represents the backbone of air-mobility fleet which is capable to global response, can carry 18 pallets of cargo, 170, 000 pounds of materials, 102 soldiers, and can travel 2,...
- Defense Watch. // Defense Daily;2/20/2007, Vol. 233 Issue 32, p1
The article presents updates on aerospace and defense industries. The U.S. Air Force was expecting the arrival of 12 F-22A Raptor stealth fighter aircraft at Kadena Air Base on the Japanese island of Okinawa during the weekend of February 17-18, 2007. Boeing built a single modified version of...
- View from a Stratotanker. Bjerken, LeAnn // Journal of Business (10756124);10/20/2016, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p4
The article discusses the training exercise and refueling mission of the Fairchild Air Force Base's KC-135 Stratotankers refueling tankers in Spokane, Washington. Topics discussed include the significant operations of these Stratotankers in operations of the Air Force, the support of the tankers...
- Change & Range. // Time;1/13/1961, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the adoption of new weapons by the U.S. Army and Air Force in January 1961. It states that Air Force launched its first B-52H bomber which is intended for long-range missiles. Furthermore, it mentions that its 6-52-Skybolt weapons system featured new Pratt and Whitney J57...
- Future Tank. Freedberg Jr., Sydney J. // National Journal;9/16/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 37, p32
The article focuses on plans to replace the M1 Abrams main battle tank of the U.S. Army with the Future Combat System (FCS) equipped with a linked computer network of sensors, robots and weapons. Its downsides include its weight which makes it too heavy for the C-130 transport plane of the Air...
- U.S. Air Force Personnel on Active Duty. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p212
No abstract available.
- The profession of arms. Fogleman, Ronald R. // Airpower Journal;Fall95, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
Reminds Air Force soldiers to earnestly place service before self in all they do. Reforming the Officer Voluntary Assignment System; Praises for Lieutenant General Benjamin O. Davis.
- Doctrinal frontiers... Builder, Carl H. // Airpower Journal;Winter95, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p6
Reports on the importance of following up the topic of doctrinal frontiers. Statement from the Air Force Manual (AFM) 1-1; History of war tactics; More.