- Work With JP-8? What Would Mom Say? Luna, Tom; Neal, Tom // Flying Safety;Sep2001, Vol. 57 Issue 9, p15
Provides advice for personnel of the United States Air Force who work with JP-8 aircraft fuel.
- Air Force Wants Half of Its Aviation Fuel To Be Synthetic By 2016. Sirak, Michael // Defense Daily;11/21/2006, p4
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force has set the goal of deriving half of its aviation fuel from synthetic sources by 2016. The service is currently in the midst of certifying a synthetic fuel blend for its B-52H Stratofortress bomber aircraft, said Michael Aimone, assistant deputy chief...
- A Challenge for America: The Military Marketplace Approach to Energy Independence. Wynne, Michael W. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/11/2008, Vol. 169 Issue 6, p66
The author reflects on the U.S. Air Force's approach to energy independence. He mentions that the Air Force is not prepared for a push for energy independence in areas across its infrastructure. He points out that synthetic fuels, while very satisfying in concept, does not meet the demands of...
- MILITARY ANNOUNCES ADVANCED BIOFUELS FUNDING. // BioCycle;Aug2012, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p8
The article offers information on the funding opportunity announcement (FOA) released by U.S. Air force worth 210 million dollars with an initial 30 million dollars to construct manufacturing facility for production of biofuels that could replace diesel use for aviation and marine.
- Close Formation Flying Involving Only Two Aircraft Could Deliver Fuel Savings. // AirGuide Online.com;8/17/2009, p1
The article reports on the study conducted by the U.S. Air Force. It states that close formation flying which requires only two aircraft can deliver fuel savings of up to 14 percent. Werner Dahm, chief scientist, mentions that the work is meant to ensure that two aircraft can hold the sweet spot...
- A hero's welcome. // Animals;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 128 Issue 5, p34
Reports on the US Air Force's plan to retire its colony of 148 chimpanzees which are on lease with The Coulston Foundation (TCF). Issue on TCF's credibility in animal care; USAF's budget allocation for retiring the chimpanzees; Contact information.
- Air Force to establish research center of excellence in guided-wave infrared sources. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Jan2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p35
The article reports that the researchers of the U.S. Air Force plan to set up a research center for excellence in guided-wave infrared sources in order to conduct and list research in fibers and infrared waveguides.
- Paint Stripping. Mirel, Diana // Industrial Paint & Powder;May2002, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p30
Focuses on the development of an automated depaint system by the U.S. Air Force and the Southwest Research Institute. Background on paint stripping; Use of robots in the depainting process; Importance of flexibility in depainting; Role of human operators in the depainting process. INSETS: What...
- Air drop at 67 below. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug99, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p30
Reports on a military airlift of the United States Air Force Reserve Command for Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica.