NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE AGENTS Paperback Nonfiction
- These Agents Sell The Books That Sell Best. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;4/29/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p1
Reports the top book agents in the U.S. Bestsellers of Janklow & Nesbit; Debut of the book 'The Bondwoman's Narrative,' by Hannah Crafts; Nonfiction successes of agent Tina Bennett.
- With Long-Running Bestsellers, Agent Bennett Has Reason To Be 'Very Bullish About The Market' Anderson, Kori // Book Publishing Report;4/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p4
Profiles Tina Bennett, a book agent at Janklow & Nesbit. Representation of authors, Eric Schlosser and Malcolm Gladwell; Background on her publishing career; Outlook for the book publishing industry.
- Agent Spotlight: Tina Bennett, Janklow & Nesbit Associates. // Book Publishing Report;8/25/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on the selection of books of book agent Tina Bennett. 'Seabiscuit,' by Laura Hillenbrand; 'Fast Food Nation,' by Eric Schlossers; 'Complications: A Surgeon's Notes on an Imperfect Science,' by Atul Gawande.
- Gift subs: Why defer payment? // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;7/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p9
Looks at whether publishers should defer payment on gift subscriptions without testing. Comments from June Steinfeld, circulation director for Brant Publications; Importance of the elimination of deferred payment on gift subscriptions; Advice from panelists who attended a Direct Marketing...
- Calculators and crystal balls: Predicting journal subscription prices. Akie, Ronald E. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p9
Examines the prediction of journal subscription prices. Importance of planning subscription prices for libraries; Information on the publishing environment.
- Tax on reading. // Editor & Publisher;3/11/95, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p6
Criticizes a legislation that imposes a 5% tax on subscription and sales of books in the United States. Discriminatory nature of the tax.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE TOP 10 AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 43, p8
Presents the chart ranking the top nonfiction agents and its book agency in New York as of November 2003.
- Learned life in the letterbox. Mccartney, Margaret // GP: General Practitioner;2/10/2003, p82
Focuses on the preference of the author to subscribe for every medical journal. Reason for her subscriptions; Her interest in the journals that she receives.
- Lit boutiques' new peak. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;9/11/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 71, p1
Reports the importance of Boutique book agents in the literary food chain in Los Angeles, California. Percentage rate of book deals; Development of a series based on an as-yet-undisclosed property; Expansion of the book market.