O'Reilly vs. Franken Battle Drives Book Sales
- Fox, Franken go to war over fair and balanced. Richmond, Ray // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;8/19/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 48, p15
Cable television network Fox News Channel has filed a suit against humorist-author Al Franken and his publishing house Dutton over the title of Franken's forthcoming book, "Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right." It has already emerged in published reports...
- Not fair or balanced. Burleson, Erica // St. Louis Journalism Review;Sep2003, Vol. 33 Issue 259, p7
Reports on a court case lost by Fox News. Efforts to prevent satirist Al Franken from using the phrase 'fair and balanced' on his book cover; Assumption that Fox News is not fair or balanced; Judge's ruling that Franken's book was 'fair criticism.'
- Fox Drops Suit vs. Franken over Book. (Book). // Book Publishing Report;Sep2003, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p6
Reports that Fox News has dropped its lawsuit against Al Franken, shortly after a federal judge refused to block its liberal humorist from using the Fox slogan 'Fair and Balanced' on the cover of his book in the United States. Facts of the case; Reason for the denial of Fox's request for an...
- Buy the book. // Printing World;9/4/2003, Vol. 283 Issue 10, p44
Reports on the lawsuit filed by television station Fox News against Al Franken, comedian and author of the book 'Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Him: A Fair and Balanced Look at the Right.' Objections on the book presentation; Issues on the legality of book trademark.
- WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING. Dubner, Jeffrey // American Prospect;Dec2004, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p9
Provides information on the sexual-harassment case of U.S. politician Bill O'Reilly, filed by O'Reilly Factor associate producer, Andrea Mackris. Manner in which Mackris was allegedly harassed; Cost of the court settlement of the case.
- Book's 'Fair' game for Fox. Bing, Jonathan; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;8/12/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 27, p2
Reports on the federal court case involving Bill O'Reilly and Al Franklen in New York City. Accusation of Franken of stealing the trademark phrase of Fox News Channel company; Demand of Fox News for Penguin company to remove the phrase 'fair and balanced' from the book 'Lies and the Lying Liars...
- Fox, O'Reilly face suit over on-air comment. Greenwald, Judy; Hofmann, Mark A.; Lenckus, Dave; Scroggins, Matt // Business Insurance;3/26/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 13, p31
The article reports on a defamation suit filed by Prince Frederic von Anhalt, husband of actress Zsa Zsa Gabor, against talk show host Bill O'Reilly for calling him fraud in an episode of the show "The O'Reilly Factor." It is said that O'Reilly called him fraud because he claimed that he might...
- Common sense 'Factor' into fracas? Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;10/25/2004, Vol. 396 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the sexual harassment lawsuit filed by Andrea Mackris against "Fox News" TV program anchor Bill O'Reilly. Efforts of O'Reilley to discredit the accuser; Implications of the lawsuit on O'Reilly's career; Instances where a woman can file charges of sexual harassment in the workplace;...
- Fairly Unbalanced. Cringley, Robert X. // InfoWorld;8/25/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p19
Discusses issues on technology in the U.S. Role of a computer hacker in the power outage; Effect of the computer program called noptify.com in a CD released by Verizon Wireless; Response of Internet users to Fox News' lawsuit against author Al Franken.