VOLUNTEERS FOR AIDS VACCINES
- Merck HIV Vaccine Ineffective in Clinical Trial. // Internal Medicine Alert;11/15/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p2
The article reports on the announcement from Merck pharmaceutical company that their HIV vaccine is ineffective in a large clinical trial and that the company has terminated further test vaccinations.
- Phase I Trials of Preventive HIV/AIDS Vaccines Worldwide (August 2007). // AIDS Alert;Oct2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p4
A list of Phase I trials of preventive HIV/AIDS vaccines worldwide, as of August 2007.
- Researchers halt HIV vaccine trial -- What's the next step? Bower, Rebecca // AIDS Alert;Jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the cessation of an HIV vaccine clinical trial conducted by Merck & Co.
- Some statistical issues in the design of HIV-1 vaccine and treatment trials. Gilbert, P.B. // Statistical Methods in Medical Research;Jun2000, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p207
This article summarizes material on statistical issues in the design of HIV-1 preventive vaccine trials and antiretroviral HIV-1 treatment trials that was presented at the first school on Modern Statistical Methods in Medical Research, held at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics in...
- VACCINE TRIALS BEGIN. Harding, Rick // Advocate;9/29/87, Issue 482, p10
Focuses on the clinical trials of an AIDS vaccine in the U.S. Participation of gays in the clinical trials of the vaccine; Risks for trial volunteers; Phases of the trial.
- VACCINE TRIALS BEGIN: A HOPE AND A WARNING. // Advocate;9/29/87, Issue 482, p19
Focuses on the clinical trials of an experimental AIDS vaccine in the U.S. Use of genetic engineering technology in vaccine development; Role of the gay community to prevent the spread of AIDS.
- Full speed ahead. // Advocate;11/29/94, Issue 669, p15
Reports on large-scale trials of experimental AIDS vaccines.
- On the trail of two trials. Moore, John P. // Nature;1/24/2002, Vol. 415 Issue 6870, p365
Investigates the impact of duplicative clinical trials on the development of an AIDS vaccine in the U.S. Estimated number of people infected by HIV-1 as of January 2002; Involvement of government in vaccine-trial programs; Evaluation of recombinant canarypox immunogen in humans.
- Experimental AIDS vaccine being tested on humans. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/30/2003, Issue 788, p26
Reports on the human testing of an AIDS vaccine developed at Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. Volunteers enrolled in the initial series of clinical trials at the San Francisco Department of Public Health in California, University of Alabama-Birmingham and the University of...