San Diego Scales Back Sewer Sale to $519 Million
- New Jersey Adopts Plan For Garbage. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;1/9/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31300, p1
Reports on the decision of the U.S. state New Jersey to adopt a plan to refinance solid waste facility bonds. Loan agreements with the U.S. Dept. of the Treasury; Credit ratings given to bonds by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc.
- New Jersey Talks Trash. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p1
Reports on a proposed legislation to authorize state appropriation bonds to restructure the stranded debt of several New Jersey authorities that issued solid waste revenue bonds. Contract with trash haulers; Provisions of the legislation.
- Delaware Solid Waste Authority relaxes waste-hauling constraints. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/01/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30611, p3
Reports that the Delaware Solid Waste Authority has allowed trash firms to haul the waste they collect out of the state for the first time. Lawsuit from small private trash haulers; Outstanding bonds of the authority.
- N.J. authority's issue is part of waste system overhaul. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;07/06/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30428, p5
Reports that the Union County Utilities Authority will issue about $308 million in bonds as part of a deal that reflects an effort to address financial problems plaguing solid-waste facilities in New Jersey. Refunding of the authority's existing debt; Union County's agreement with 13 of the...
- Solid-waste bond issuance in New York. // Bond Buyer;08/03/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30448, p30
Presents a graph showing solid-waste bond issuance in New York from 1988 to 1998.
- Small deal, big impact. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p1
Reports on the plan of Essex County, New Jersey, Utilities authority to issue bonds as part of a plant to implement a solid-waste collection system. Trash collection fee; Backing of the debt by general revenues of the authority. INSET: Two other N.J. trash agencies near default.
- Marco Island, Fla., Planning $103 Million Water and Sewer Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/30/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31730, p48
Reports on the plan of officials at Marco Island into the debt market with the sale of water and sewer revenue bonds under pending approval by Collier County in Florida. Estimation of bonds to purchase the water and sewer system assets owned by the Florida Water Services Inc.; Proceeds to be...
- At Long Last, Atlanta on Verge Of $865M Water-Sewer Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/9/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31965, p1
Reports on the plan of Atlanta, Georgia to issue bonds to finance a water-sewer project. Structure of the bonds.
- Nailing down savings from sewer and water bids proves tricky. Stuart, Stephen // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/4/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p8
Focuses on the plan of the sewer and water systems in New Orleans to save money to issue bonds to fix leaky systems. Use of 91 million dollar operating budgets; Issuance of bonds for capital repairs; Reduction of backlog.