Oregon to Finally Get Budget, Complete With Tax Increase
- Tenn. Budget Crisis Is Lawmakers' Pet Project. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;6/19/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p21
Reports that Tennessee lawmakers are set to debate in the week of June 19, 2002, on whether to raise taxes or make substantial cuts in the state's fiscal 2003 budget, which would include reductions in education services. Overview of competing proposals for dealing with the state's growing...
- Planning implications of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 for high income individuals. Hereth, Russell L.; Sprohge, Hans // Ohio CPA Journal;Feb94, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p41
Discusses the planning implications of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993. Comparison of the increase in the 1993 and 1994 tax liability of high income taxpayers under six typical scenarios under the OBRA prior over law; Planning ideas for high income taxpayers.
- Delaware cuts taxes. // State Government News;Sep99, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p9
Offers a look on the settlement of budget disputes by lawmakers in Delaware. Details on the agreement; Elimination of the marriage penalty tax.
- Spouse travel and related rules. Webster, George D. // Association Management;Feb94, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p137
Presents additional insight into the implications of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA). Deductibility of travel expenses of a meeting attendee's spouse; Deductibility of business meal expenses; Possible responses to OBRA.
- Pennsylvania Budget Pact Raises Taxes. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;12/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31787, p1
Reports that members of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives were expected to ratify on December 22, 2003, lingering components of the state's budget that were passed over the weekend by the Senate. Senate's approval of an increase in the state's personal income tax rate; Major spending...
- ARGUMENTS AGAINST MINIMUM TAX. Mitu, Narcis Eduard // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2009, Vol. 1, p1
This article seeks to debate from a critical perspective the opportunity and legality of introducing the minimum tax system introduced in Romania by the Emergency Ordinance on the budget rectification for the year 2009 and the regulation of some financial and fiscal measures
- ARIZONA: Budget Gap Keeps Growing. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/6/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33035, p7
The article reports that Arizona legislators are facing difficult challenges on framing the budget after tax collections declined by 13.7 percent in November 2008. According to the Joint Legislative Budget Committee analysts, there is a 13.3. percent decline in sales tax revenue and on the...
- FINANCE BILL. Barrett, Marianne // Accountancy;May83, Vol. 94 Issue 1077, p7
This section presents several provisions related to public finance in Great Britain that were disclosed with the publication of the Finance Bill as of May 1983. Clause 22 gives the Inland Revenue wider powers to approve retirement annuity contracts for individuals who are likely to retire early...
- Re-visiting the Field: Assessing PB2 in Florida 10 Years Later. Berry, Fran; VanLandingham, Gary // PA Times;Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on the enactment of the performance-based budgeting (PB2) in Florida. Usefulness of PB2 as accountability tool; key components of Florida's system; Assessment of budget recommendations.