NEWS IN BRIEF
- Bond Buyer Indexes Flat or Higher; 1-Year Note Yield Highest in 5 Years. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/28/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32370, p7
The article focuses on the factors that affects the highs and lows of yield indexes in the U.S. The robust housing and consumer confidence data supported the position of some analysts that policymakers would increase the federal funds rate to as much as 5.5% from its current 4.75%. The "Bond...
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Increase; Revenue Bond Near 5%. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/16/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32219, p39
Reports on the increasing bond yield indexes of "The Bond Buyer" amid concerns of future inflation and rate hike in the U.S. Factors influencing the trend; Improvement of municipal and government bonds on gains in oil prices; Number of basis points risen by the revenue bond index.
- Tax may sink inflation-linked bonds. // Finance Week;04/21/2000, p40
Discusses the statement released by the Finance Department of South Africa on how inflation-linked bonds will be taxed. Scope of Section 24J of the Income Tax Act governing taxation of interest on bonds; Tax burden carried investors; Tax on inflation adjustment.
- TIPS' cost casts cloud on survival prospects. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;7/23/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the possible disappearance of inflation-indexed bonds in the United States. Preservation of liquidity in the declining pool of nominal Treasury securities; Cost of issuing inflation-protected bonds.
- Yield Indexes Mostly Up on Favorable Economic Data. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31738, p36
Reports on the increase of 'The Bond Buyer' municipal bond indexes in New York City. Reason for the increase; Impact of the observance of Yom Kippur on the drop off in market participation; Basis points of yields due to increased trading; Sale of the city's multi-million dollar short-term...
- Comment on THE WELFARE GAIN FROM THE INTRODUCTION OF INDEXED BONDS. Stockman, Alan C. // Journal of Money, Credit & Banking (Ohio State University Press);Aug1993 Part 2, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p629
No abstract available.
- Week Sees Modest and Mixed MBS Flows. Runyan, Sally A. // Asset Securitization Report;2/11/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p18
The article reports on the economic data and earnings of the market for the first week of February 2008 in the U.S. The ISM Non-Manufacturing Index has experienced weak results having 41.9 compared to the anticipations of analysts which is 53.0. Below-normal volume in MBS with mixed flows were...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p36
Presents statistics related to bond market in the U.S. as of August 22, 2003. Market indicators; Short term tax-exempt yields; Bond buyer indexes.
- Information Content of U.S. Treasury Inflation-Indexed Bonds. Lashgari, Malek // International Advances in Economic Research;Aug2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p520
U.S. Treasury inflation-indexed bonds are designed to provide a stable real return before taxes. A comparison between these bonds and conventional bonds reveals that the effective real yield of U.S. Treasury inflation-indexed bonds is attractive. The econometric results suggest, however, that...