Two Pittsburgh Council Members Offer Financial Fixes
- Budget Director to N.Y. City Council: Don't Count on a Rescue From Albany. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/22/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33486, p4
The article reports on the message of New York City budget director Mark Page to the New York City Council concerning Albany, New York's financial problem which he believes must be addressed by the city alone without any help from the state.
- Lock-step against democracy. // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/28/2006, Issue 979, p12
The article comments on the San Diego Democratic Club's refusal to run a two-page center-spread advertisement on the "Gay and Lesbian Times" magazine in 2006. The move of the predominantly GLBT group was attributed to the magazine's critical editorial against the alleged involvement of Council...
- Elder Statesman. Comiskey, Daniel S. // Indianapolis Monthly;Apr2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p32
In this article, the 90-year-old legendary investor and former Indianapolis city councilman of 41 years, Beurt Ser Vaas, talks about the Great Depression, the current one, and what comes next. He reminiscences that when the stock market crashed in 1929 all the six Indianapolis banks also failed...
- Storm battler. Grewal, Herpreet Kaur // Regeneration & Renewal;8/22/2008, p15
The article discusses the views of Gloucester City Council chief executive officer Julian Wain regarding the capability of the public sector to regenerate the historic riverside city in England. Wain believes that the successful restoration of the city could help promote tourism and weather the...
- San Bernardino Defends its Eligibility to File for Chapter 9. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;12/4/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33823, p20
The article focuses on the financial crises of city council of San Bernardino, California and informs that they didn't get the chance for filing a pendency plan in bankruptcy court before being failed to avail credit from California Public Employees' Retirement System. It reports that the city...
- ALABAMA: A Crisis Plan for Jefferson. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p9
The article reports on the recommendations of William Bell, a Birmingham City Council member, on how Jefferson County should deal with the financial crisis resulting from the credit cash of over $3 billion of sewer debt in Alabama. Bell wants bankers who worked with the county on debt sales to...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/25/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 43, p22
This article presents information related to business and marketing. President and CEO Julian Day is stepping down, the company said, and has been replaced by Aylwin Lewis, who was president and chief multi-branding and operating officer for Yum! Brands Inc. Detroit City Council member Kay...
- Term limits: Palliative or panacea? Hansell, Bill // Public Management (00333611);May94, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the challenges posed by term limits for council members. Right of the people to choose anyone to serve them; Criticism against term limits.
- A closer look at the job that served as the stepping stone for most of our modern mayors. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/10/94, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p5
Opinion. Reviews the potential candidates for at-large council seats in New Orleans, Louisiana. Council membership as a stepping stone for city mayors; Confusing politics of councilmen election.