D.C. Demands Cash, Refinancing From City Agencies
- Battery Park: One Deal On, One Delayed. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p1
Reports that New York's Battery Park City Authority has planned to proceed with plan to refinance $817 million in outstanding debt combining with $90 million in money bonds for infrastructure improvement before the end of September, 2003. Amount proposed for another bond deal kept on hold for...
- Spreading Debt . Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;1/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31302, p29
Reports on the bond refinancing deals in Boise, Idaho to spread the debt service costs. Plans to issue dollar 15 million in bonds for police headquarters; Investment of bond proceeds in branch libraries.
- MAINE: Water Deal for Waldoboro. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;11/7/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33611, p9
The article reports on the 1.15 million dollars proposed refinancing of water department bonds to be voted by the citizens of Waldoboro in Maine.
- D.C. CFO to Convention Center Authority: Refinance Or We'll Force You. // Bond Buyer;8/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31703, p4
Reports on the stand taken by the administration of Washington D.C. regarding Washington D.C. Convention Center Authority and its liability of refinancing tax-exempt revenue bonds. Overview of a letter sent to the authority; Need for refinancing; Appraisal of the working of the authority;...
- As Rates Rise, Florida's Refunding 'Run' May End. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;12/7/2016, p1
Florida has taken advantage of favorable market conditions for more than six years capturing $2 billion in savings from refinancings, but the state's top finance official says that run is probably coming to an end.
- ARKANSAS: Little Rock Refinancing. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/16/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32962, p9
The article reports on the plans of the Board of Directors of Little Rock, Arkansas, to refinance $16.5 million of park bonds issued in 1998 to buy land for the President Clinton Center in downtown along the Arkansas River. It is expected that the city can save $6.4 million by extending the term...
- City could save $98,820 by refinancing bonds. Cohn, Lew K. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);12/28/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the consideration of Grand Saline City Council members on refinancing two existing bond issues which could produce savings to the city during the next few years in Grand Saline, Texas. Financial analyst Tom made a discussion Shirey and the council during a workshop...
- Vedanta bid to cut debt. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/18/2015, p1
The article reports on the plans of mining firm Vedanta Ltd. to issue non-convertible debentures to raise funds to be used for refinancing its debt as of August 18, 2015.
- Ask the adviser. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;Apr2015, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p16
The article presents questions and answers related to finances including medical service coverage of the American Express credit cards, mortgage refinancing, and connections of bonds to yields and stock prices.