Ruling for United Would Hurt Muni Market, Amicus Brief Says
- Airlines battle for rights to West Coast... Ott, J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/22/1988, Vol. 129 Issue 8, p100
Reports on the efforts and struggles of United Airlines to retain its lucrative Seattle/Portland-Tokyo/Osaka route after American Airlines was recently designated the primary authority. The route case has been going on since October 1986. Route cases; Competition; Profits.
- Jury awards $4.2 million to family of crash victim. // Business Insurance;2/27/95, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p7
Reports on a Cook County, Illinois jury's award of $4.2 million to the family of Dale Shemezis who died in the United Air Lines Inc. Flight 232 crash in Sioux City, Iowa. Amount sought by the family; Details of the crash.
- United Air Lines verdict. // Business Insurance;10/10/94, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p2
Reports that United Air Lines (UAL) will appeal a $28.3 million jury award to a survivor of a Sioux City, Iowa air crash in 1989. Award of $24.25 million to Doris Levenburg, and $4 million to her husband's estate; Insurance payments by insurers of UAL, McDonnell Douglas and General Electric to...
- United-O'Hare Settlement Still Not Final. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/28/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31978, p1
Reports on the status of the revenue bond settlement between the United Airlines and O'Hare International Airport in the U.S. Subjectivity of the agreement for approval of both parties and the bankruptcy court; Total special facilities revenue bonds owned by United Airlines; Outlook of United...
- What to Consider in Determining Disability? // Defense Counsel Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p254
Presents a look at a case law on determining a disability. Information on the American with Disabilities Act; Case of Sutton versus United Airlines Inc.; Lower court's rulings prior to the United States Supreme Court addressing the Sutton case.
- A year-late $6.3 million bill. Boyce, Clayton // Traffic World;12/23/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 51, p9
Reports that the U.S. Bankruptcy Court trustee handling the case of freight payment bureau Computrex Inc. has filed a case against United Air Lines Inc. Details of the lawsuit seeking to recover preferential payments received by the airline from Computrex.
- Enforcing Federal Supremacy: Relief Against Federal-State Regulatory Conflicts. Schwarzer, William W. // California Law Review;May55, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p234
Discusses the ruling of a court on a case filed by United Air Lines Inc. and others against the Public Utilities Commission of California, which deals with the filing of the tariffs of the airline at the commission for the its operation in the Catalina Island. Facts of the case; Reasons behind...
- FOR THE RECORD. White, Sara D. // Crain's Chicago Business;05/15/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p106
Presents a compilation of news reports related to business enterprises in Chicago, Illinois for the week of May 15, 2000. Allocation of the budget of the Chicago Transit Authority; Penalty of United Airlines for improperly shipping a chemical oxygen generator on an FDX Corp. flight; Plan of the...
- U.S.Judge Overturns United Ruling. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p1
Reports on a U.S. District Court ruling reversing a bankruptcy court decision that found United Airlines was not obligated to repay a special facilities bond issue at California's San Francisco International Airport as a condition of its lease. Aspects of Judge John W. Darrah's opinion; Major...