Munis Steady, Tone Primarily Firm; Vacations Result in Muted Activity
- Analyst: Fewer Turbo Redemptions Coming; Debt Not Trading Equally. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32365, p7
The article reports on the business forecasting by a municipal bond analysts pertaining to the tobacco industry. It underscored that tobacco bond issuers will redeem fewer turbo bonds for this year than was originally predicted. This is substantiated by the fact that some tobacco bonds that are...
- New York Bond Calendar Released. Coen, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/08/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34239, p1
New York State is looking at a slower first quarter bond sales calendar than a year ago, but plenty of new issuance is still forecasted.
- Acton, Mass.., GOs Raised to AAA by S&P. // Bond Buyer;6/15/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33131, p2
The article reports on the rating given by Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) on the general obligation (GO) debt of Acton, Massachusetts. S&P reveals that it decided to increase the long-term rating and underlying rating in the town's GO from AA-plus to AAA. S&P noted that the upturn of rating...
- MONDAY'S YIELDS. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32488, p1
Several charts and graphs are presented depicting the market performance of municipal bonds, economic indicators, and the prices of government securities in the U.S. as of October 16, 2006.
- Fitch: Municipals Credit Trends Stable. // Bond Buyer;11/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32252, p2
Reports on the prediction of Fitch Ratings Inc. for the municipal bond market will remain stable in the U.S. Expectation for upgrades to continue to exceed downgrades; Detection of the stability of several key economic indicators.
- Municipal Bonds Little Changed Ahead of Non-Farm Payroll Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;1/7/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32045, p2
The article informs that despite some firmer markets on the long-end and selling on the front end, municipal bonds remained little changed yesterday as participants braced for the key December non-farm payrolls report scheduled for release today. The employment report has the potential to...
- Southwest Volume Dips Despite BAB Burst. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;2/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33263, p1
The article reports on the decline of the municipal bond volume in the U.S. in 2009 despite the growth of the Build America Bonds program. It notes that the bond volume declined by 13.8 percent in 2009 despite the issuer's high selling of about 12 billion dollars of Build America Bond (BAB). In...
- Most Bond Buyer Indexes Up As Prices Fall in Shortened. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;6/1/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32641, p6
The article reports on the increase of yield indexes as municipal bond prices decrease in the U.S. The revenue bond index rose two basis points to 4.57 percent, the highest level since February 2007. Meanwhile, the municipal market was slightly in a weak condition despite economic data coming in...
- Some Bond Trends Reverse, Others Continue Downward Slide in August. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p49
No abstract available.