N.Y. State Sees Over $2 Billion Of Refunding Swaps by March
- Ohio Wraps Up $121M Refunding With Fixed-Rate Swap. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/26/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31581, p4
Reports on finalization of a multimillion refunding that included a synthetic fixed rate swap in Ohio. Basis of the rate paid by Morgan Stanley Capital Services Inc.; Ratings assigned to the finalization of bonds refunding by various ratings company.
- With flat rate curve, forward swaps become attractive refinancing tool. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;02/17/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30332, p33
Focuses on the growing interest in swaps as a tool in refinancing outstanding bonds in the United States. Illinois Sports Facilities Authority's completion of a swap with Goldman Sachs & Co.; Adventist Health West's conduct of a limited competitive selection for an interest-rate swap that...
- A Major Deal for MetPier. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/12/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31406, p1
Reports the marketing of new-money and refunding bonds by the Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority in Chicago, Illinois. Finance for the expansion of a convention center; Value of the debt-service deferral techniques; Use for the flow of tourism-related taxes and the state sales tax...
- Upcoming Massachusetts Issue Stands at $750 Million, for Now. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/4/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31485, p1
No abstract available.
- Demand is roaring right along with supply, firms say. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;09/18/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30233, p26
Focuses on various money deals and refundings that happened in the South Atlantic States as of September 18, 1997. William R. Hough & Co.'s winning of the $4.9 million of Midland County, Michigan water system bonds; Palm Beach County School District's refunding of the $47 million bonds.
- Massachusetts water, transportation agencies mull swaps. Kaplan, David // Bond Buyer;11/05/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30515, p4
Reports on the call for proposals from swap providers for a refunding of $100 million of outstanding debt each by two Massachusetts agencies. Bond offerings planned by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority and the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority; Federal tax law covering the deal.
- West Virginia Delays $305M Deal as Governor, Lawmakers Debate. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;4/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32115, p6
Reports on the delay of bonds refunding negotiations following a dispute among legislators in West Virginia. Provisions of the road bonds compensation deal; Controversy among lawmakers on the resolution authorizing the sale of securities; Impact of the bonds sale on the state's overall credit...
- Univ. of Illinois Advance Refunding $53M of Campus Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p24
The article reports on the advancement of refunding the University of Illinois' south campus project revenue bonds for present-value savings as its board of trustees priced a variable-rate bonds in Chicago, Illinois. The bonds were initially set at a rate of 2.9 percent and will be remarketed...
- Maryland Stadium Authority reviewing ideas for swaps. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p31
Focuses on the Maryland Stadium Authority's assessment of swap proposals connected with more than $100 million of bonds that officials want to refinance. Agency's series of fixed-rate bonds outstanding that would be good candidates for swaps; Possibility that issuers Georgetown University and...