Fiscal Recovery Bonds?
- California treasurer promises early debt report. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;04/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30627, p4
Reports on California State Treasurer Phil Angelides' plan to release his office's debt-affordability report in May 1999 to help state legislators in evaluating bond requests. Background on Angelides' achievements during his first 100 days in office.
- Angelides: Hold Off On New Bonding. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/21/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31640, p1
Treasurer of California, Phil Angelides told leaders of California that he opposes the sale of any new general obligation bond issues or state lease-revenue bonds beyond those already approved or on the 2004 ballot until a balanced budget is in place and there is a viable plan to fix structural...
- Investments in Power. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;11/5/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31755, p1
Reports on the proposal of treasurer Phil Angelides to increase investment in the state's electricity transmission grid in California. Construction of additional electrical grids; Issuance of revenue bonds for power projects; Response to the growing energy needs of the state.
- Angelides: Deficit Bonds A Bad Idea. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/7/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31757, p1
Reports on the warning of California treasurer Phil Angelides to governor-elect Arnold Schwarzenegger against a large-scale deficit bond issue. Opposition for a deficit borrowing plan; Challenges faced in the state's budget; Comment of Schwarzenegger on the issue.
- Stumping for $37B in GOs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32423, p42
The article reports on the campaign for a 37 billion dollar in infrastructure bond measures that will be on the November 2006 ballot. The infrastructure investment plan in important to building California's future and ensuring the state can compete and succeed in the global economy. The bond...
- State needs responsible management. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/7/2006, Issue 323540, p26
The article comments on the state budget in California. Controller Steve Westly and state treasurer Phil Angelides have not yet set forth any plans to address the state's current and future financial condition. The Legislative Analyst's Office is predicting state budget deficits in the coming years.
- California Market Reacts Calmly to $10 Billion Power Bond Announcement. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;03/12/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31094, p36
Reports on the reaction of California bond traders to state Treasurer Phil Angelides' announcement that the majority of the power purchase bonds set for sale beginning May 2001 will likely be tax-exempt. Total value of the power purchase bonds to be offered by the state government; Intended...
- Deficit Bonds Pushed Up. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;4/16/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31864, p1
Reports that California will move ahead the schedule for its sale of deficit bond issue that voters approved in March 2004. Estimated value of bonds to be sold; Comments of Treasurer Phil Angelides, on the government's efforts to accelerate the bond sale schedule; Schedule for the insured and...
- Treasurer Angelides Announces California Borrowing Plans. // Bond Buyer;8/22/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31704, p40
Reports on the announcement of California treasurer Phil Angelides to provide details on states' plans to issue bonds and notes. Inclusion in the debt required by the fiscal year 2004 enacted budget; Ratings given by various rating agency to bonds and notes; Factors accounting for lowered rating.