TO DO DETAILS FIRST: RENOVATION BY CAD
- Feeding the `Dawgs' at Cleveland's New Football Stadium. Schmitz, Barbara M. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Features the food storage carts designed by Cres-Cor using Solid Edge software for the stadium of the Cleveland Browns football team. Description of the food carts; Details on the design process; Manufacture of the carts.
- Technology takes architectural design beyond AutoCAD. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);7/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 15, pA17
The article reports on the role of technology in taking architectural design beyond AutoCAD in the architectural industry in Spokane, Washington. It highlights the introduction of building information management (BIM), an architectural design software, as a fundamental shift in how building...
- ADT 2004 hits its stride. Goldberg, H. Edward // Cadalyst;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p30
Points out that Autodesk's Architectural Desktop 2004 has improved ease of use, completeness, and capability to perform those functions that architects need. Familiar AutoCAD interface; Style-based content; Ability to set parameters that affect the computer programming rather than the use of 3D...
- Integration of CAD Software with DSS for Engineering and Architectural Project Design. Kosavinta, Satakhun; Kanongchaiyos, Pizzanu; Jinuntuya, Pinyo // Computer-Aided Design & Applications;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1-4, p467
CAD software is a necessary tool for the engineering and architectural design of a visible object or model. Therefore, project development and management of such objects needs an estimation of time/cost corresponding to the design in order to complete its successful construction. Most project...
- DOWNLOAD THIS: Sample boards go digital. Snoonian, Deborah // Architectural Record;Mar2002, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p162
Features the computer software BlueBolt Studio from the BlueBlot Networks. Use of the software in the architectural designs; Efficiency of the software; Ability of the technology to allow designers browse products and print specification from other manufacturers.
- Computer Aided Design. // Network Dictionary;2007, p115
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Computer Aided Design (CAD)" is presented. Also known as computer assisted design, CAD refers to the use of a wide range of computer-based tools for design activities. CAD ranges from two-dimensional vector based drafting systems to three-dimensional...
- Cinema paradiso. Reeves, Jonathan // Building Design;11/19/2004, Issue 1651, p28
The article presents information about Cinema 4D. This is a high-end 3D design development and presentation tool that can complement architects' existing computer-aided design software through a range of import and export options. This means all 3D modelling can he carried out in the usual way...
- a wave of luxury. Tisch, Carol // Sarasota Magazine;Dec2006/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p70
The article focuses on the rise in creative pool construction in the luxury homes in Sarasota, Florida. The improvements in the computer-aided design software have enabled the consumers to work with the designers to build swimming pools according to their choice. The potential of each specific...
- Tools for the job. Williamson, Adrian // Building Design;9/17/2004 Supplement, p30
No abstract available.