TO DO DETAILS FIRST: RENOVATION BY CAD
- Feeding the `Dawgs' at Cleveland's New Football Stadium. Schmitz, Barbara M. // Computer-Aided Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p8
Features the food storage carts designed by Cres-Cor using Solid Edge software for the stadium of the Cleveland Browns football team. Description of the food carts; Details on the design process; Manufacture of the carts.
- Technology takes architectural design beyond AutoCAD. Gustafson, Jeanne // Journal of Business (10756124);7/10/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 15, pA17
The article reports on the role of technology in taking architectural design beyond AutoCAD in the architectural industry in Spokane, Washington. It highlights the introduction of building information management (BIM), an architectural design software, as a fundamental shift in how building...
- ADT 2004 hits its stride. Goldberg, H. Edward // Cadalyst;Jul2003, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p30
Points out that Autodesk's Architectural Desktop 2004 has improved ease of use, completeness, and capability to perform those functions that architects need. Familiar AutoCAD interface; Style-based content; Ability to set parameters that affect the computer programming rather than the use of 3D...
- Ensuring Effective Learning Environments. Powers, Mike // Human Ecology;Jun2004, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p24
Creating a course framework to engage students and meet their diverse learning styles is an evolving skill that improves with experience, says Rhonda Gilmore, a lecturer in the Department of Design and Environmental Analysis who teaches four required interior design courses and one elective. In...
- AIA CONVENTION HIGHLIGHTS NEW AEC SOFTWARE. Goldberg, H. Edward // Cadalyst;Jul2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p45
This article covers several computer products that were featured during the American Institute of Architects convention in Chicago, Illinois in June 2004. DSI Digital showed its IntelliRood and IntelliWall software that integrates with AutoCAD. These products are designed for metal roof...
- Integration of CAD Software with DSS for Engineering and Architectural Project Design. Kosavinta, Satakhun; Kanongchaiyos, Pizzanu; Jinuntuya, Pinyo // Computer-Aided Design & Applications;2007, Vol. 4 Issue 1-4, p467
CAD software is a necessary tool for the engineering and architectural design of a visible object or model. Therefore, project development and management of such objects needs an estimation of time/cost corresponding to the design in order to complete its successful construction. Most project...
- DOWNLOAD THIS: Sample boards go digital. Snoonian, Deborah // Architectural Record;Mar2002, Vol. 190 Issue 3, p162
Features the computer software BlueBolt Studio from the BlueBlot Networks. Use of the software in the architectural designs; Efficiency of the software; Ability of the technology to allow designers browse products and print specification from other manufacturers.
- Computer Aided Design. // Network Dictionary;2007, p115
An encyclopedia entry for the term "Computer Aided Design (CAD)" is presented. Also known as computer assisted design, CAD refers to the use of a wide range of computer-based tools for design activities. CAD ranges from two-dimensional vector based drafting systems to three-dimensional...
- Tools for the job. Williamson, Adrian // Building Design;9/17/2004 Supplement, p30
No abstract available.