NEW TECHNOLOGY, RANGE OF USES: OVENS AND RANGES
- Cooktops. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2003, p235
Focuses on ratings assigned to various cooking tops available in the market. Tests behind ratings of cooktops; Features of cooktops; Cost of cooktops.
- The use and abuse of COOKING RANGES. Roseweir, Neil // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/19/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4311, p154
Focuses on the use and abuse of cooking ranges and calls for chefs to care more for their cooking ranges. Several ways to reduce the service cost on cooking ranges; Description of some cooking ranges.
- Reader Reports: Wood Cookstove Favorites. // Mother Earth News;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 207, p16
Presents letters of "Mother Earth News" readers on their experiences in cooking with a wood cookstove. Advantages of Jeanne Marcus' Waterford Stanley model cookstove; Reconditioning of Nancy Bradley's Glenwood E' cookstove; Features of the Baker's Choice cookstove of Chris and Julie Miller;...
- The Art of the Wood Cookstove. Gulland, John // Mother Earth News;Dec2004/Jan2005, Issue 207, p64
Discusses the appeal of wood cookstoves. Details of how wood cookstoves are being used by its owners; Overview of the old-fashioned design of wood cookstoves; Common obstacles in using a wood cookstove; Tips for new users. INSETS: What to Look for in a Used Cookstove;Building a Better...
- Top of the range. Gledhill, Bob // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/4/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4302, p47
Focuses on several cooking range designs for the professional kitchen. Reasons for the popularity of gas for cooking ranges in Great Britain; Illustration of gas burner efficiency on a cooking range; Comparison between a 3-kilowatt and a 5-kilowatt burner.
- the appliance question. Miller, Bryan // Money;Jun2005, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p112
Offers advice on buying appliances that fit the house and the neighborhood. When to purchase a "gourmand," "aesthete" or "frantic family" refrigerator; The prices of 30-inch ranges for the gourmand, aesthete, and frantic family; Information for choosing a dishwasher; When to buy status brands to...
- Overachieving Ovens. Lowe, Mary // Appliance Design;Feb2006, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p28
This article provides information on several multi-modal cooking ovens that deliver more convenience and precision to the cooking process. It includes the GE Profile Ovens with Trivection technologies from GE Consumer & Industrial, Gaggenau Combination Steam and Convection oven from BSH Home...
- Eat, pray, love. // Belle;Apr/May2011, p214
The article features several kitchen equipment and supplies including the Fabricate light from Studio HVN, the Barazza Tao two-burner cooktop from Abey and the Vita juicer from Casa Bugatti.
- My combi and me. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/9/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4411, p71
The article looks at a wide variety of real-life businesses around Great Britain and the many ways they are using their combination ovens. The versatility of a combi-oven makes it suitable for a wide range of kitchens, from banqueting operations to much smaller venues. The combination oven's...