SATISFYING EVERYONE'S SWEET TOOTH: DELECTABLE DESSERTS
- MENU DECODER. Alexander, Max // Best Life;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p46
The article presents information on several desserts made with frozen desserts. A sorbet is made with pureed fresh fruit and sugar syrup. A sherbet is a cross between ice cream and sorbet made with a pureed frozen fruit dish with milk or cream. An agraz is a version of sorbet made with almonds...
- FROSTED ORANGE. T. L. // Atlanta;Jul2006, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p76
The article presents information about frosted orange drinks that are served at The Varsity restaurant in the U.S. Back in the days of hand-mixed milkshakes, customers started asking for The Varsity's famous orange drink mixed with vanilla ice cream. Longtime employee Erby Walker, who has more...
- Superior scoops. Largeman, Frances A. // Health (Time Inc.);Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p194
The article provides information on several frozen desserts containing few calories. It includes sorbet, a fruit-flavored ice made with real fruit that is fat-free, gelato, the Italian version of ice cream and sherbet, an ice usually made with fruit juice, which may contain milk, eggs or gelatin.
- Definitions of Frozen Dessert Products. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/12/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p23
The article presents several definitions of frozen dessert products that are often unknown to or misunderstood by many consumers. Dairy ingredients such as milk and nonfat milk comprise ice cream. The milk fat content of sherbets is between one and two percent. Gelato can be distinguished from...
- Just Desserts. Platzman, Andrea // Men's Fitness;Jun/Jul2006, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p28
The article rates different frozen desserts based on the calories, proteins, carbohydrates, and fat they contain. The frozen desserts include whole fruit bar, drumstick, ice cream sandwich, creamsicle, fudgesicle, chipwich, and rocket pop.
- CROP OF THE CREAMS. Hallett, Vicky; Silver, Marc // U.S. News & World Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 136 Issue 20, p62
Compares three types of ice cream. Description of Cold Stone Creamery Black Cherry, Turkey Hill Creamy Commotions, and Edy's Grand Light Slow Churned; Comments on taste.
- ICE CREAM OR GELATO? // Bon Appetit;Aug2007, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p30
The article discusses the difference between ice cream and gelato, Italy's version of ice cream. The technical differences between ice cream and gelato come down at the amount of fat and air, where ice cream contains at least 10% butterfat and is aerated by revolving blades that add 10-25%...
- The Scoop on Ice Cream. // USA Today Magazine;May91, Vol. 119 Issue 2552, p7
Details the nutrition contents of frozen dairy desserts that can be used as alternative to ice cream. Nonfat ice cream; Frozen yogurt; Light ice cream; Super premium ice cream.
- We Can Make Ice Cream! // Weekly Reader - Pre K;May/Jun2004, p1
Provides instructions on how to make an ice cream.