- Smoothie operators. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p66
Deals with the growing popularity of yogurt- or fruit-based smoothies in business-and-industry locations in the food service sector across the U.S. Comments from Ed Redmond, senior vice president for Freshens Quality Brands; Expansion of the juice and smoothie program of Freshens; Number of...
- AS MEAL REPLACEMENTS OR ALL-DAY ADD-ONS: SMOOTHIES GET BIGGER. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;9/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p70
Discusses the increasing popularity of smoothies in the U.S. Outlook for the performance of the smoothie market in 2002; Reasons behind the popularity of smoothies; Information on the smoothie programs of food service companies Aramark and Sodexho.
- Cold Front. Aronovich, Hanna // Food & Drink;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p52
The article deals with Tropical Smoothie Cafe, a Destin, Florida-based chain of stores selling smoothies and sandwiches. The company has more than 230 stores across the U.S. Its criteria for selecting franchisees are outlined. According to the company, its mission is to offer consumers...
- Summer smoothie. Swinney, Bridget // Parenting;Aug98, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p168
Offers instructions for the preparation of a fruit smoothie. INSETS: A non-dairy option;How to freeze canned fruit.
- Crazy Carrot Juice Bar & Cafe, St. Paul, Minn. Strauss, Karyn // Nation's Restaurant News;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p59
Features the Crazy Carrot Juice Bar & Cafe in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Menu items; Ingredients used in the cafe's smoothies; Management personnel.
- Fruit smoothies. Reese, Krista // Arthritis Today;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p54
Presents information on desserts called fruit smoothies in the United States. Information on various smoothie shops; Details on the book `Smoothies,' by Elsa Petersen-Schepelern.
- The ultimate smoothies. Barber, Mary; Corpening, Sara // Bon Appetit;Jan1998, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p82
Reports on the popularity of smoothies as drinks in the United States (U.S.). Ingredients used in smoothies.
- The real scoop on smoothies. Alberts, Nuna; Wolf, Bruce // Self;Mar98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p166
Presents information on smoothies, a icy drink. Nutrition value of the drink; Reference to research conducted by the United States Department of Agriculture; Comments made by experts. INSETS: Antioxidant power, by N.A.;At-home smoothie-making tips, by N.A;Smoothie fortifers: What's proved,...
- Smoothies on the Rise. // CSP;Jun2015 Supplement 2015 Foodservice Handbook, p80
Diagrams and graphs presenting statistics related to smoothie consumption in the U.S. including sales during the day, consumers by age groups and the percentage rise smoothie purchases in 2014.