Always the favorite
- More healthy options. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;07/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p90
Talks about the popularity of chicken dishes in universities and colleges in the United States. Information on chicken menus; How chicken is served by caterers; Why chicken remains popular.
- Today's No. 1 Request. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;6/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p48
Deals with the popularity of chicken recipes at various universities and colleges in the U.S. Details of the sandwich, pasta and salad offerings at Oklahoma State University; List of chicken dishes at Ohio University; Ways of cooking chicken.
- AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the growth of contractor presence at universities and college campuses in the United States. Percentage of overall contract penetration on campuses; Effects regarding the shift from straight-line cafeterias to foodcourts; List of colleges and universities switching to contract...
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.
- Room to Grow. Weisberg, Karen; Alexis, Jennifer; Mastrelli, Tara // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p34
Discusses several methods to promote and increase the catering business. Outlook for the catering business in 2004 according to the "Foodservice Director" Catering Study; Growth of the catering business for weddings at Purdue University; Information on the web-based catering order process; Way...
- Historic Dairy Bar Reopens. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the re-opening of the Dairy Bar in the University of New Hampshire in August 2008 after a seven-month renovation. With the reopening of the Dairy Bar, the menu is refocusing on sustainable business practices and local foods. Jon Plodzik of Dairy Bar says he wanted to do...
- Asian Persuasion. Lefebvre, Joanna // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p74
Presents the views of food and nutrition experts on the introduction of Asian ingredients in the menus of schools and universities in the U.S. Reasons for the implementation of the initiative; Consideration of the initiative as a way of understanding Asian culture; Health benefits from the...
- NEWS/INNOVATION. // FoodService Director;2/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p6
The article presents an update on school food service in the U.S. as of February 15, 2007. The renovation of cafeteria at Muscatine High School in Iowa has increased lunch volume to more than 500%. The nutrition services department at Bartow County School in Cartersville, Georgia has decided to...
- The Streets of Brazil. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;11/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the success of the Brazilian-themed menus offered at the cafeteria of Albertson College in Idaho. According to Albertson College general manager of foodservice Matt Caldwell, every year they pick a different country and make a festival about it. The ambitious, 16-item menu...