TOTAL NEARS 45 MIL. LBS.: 'Bountiful' pear crop prompts buys
- Surprising buy from U.S. aids pear growers. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Aug2000, Vol. 14 Issue 8, pA21
Reports that the United States Department of Agriculture is planning to buy a large volume of canned pears in the United States in 2000. Comparison of the total volume of pear shipped to the country in 2000 and in 1999.
- US government intervention gives lift to poultry market. Clarke, Philip // Poultry World;Sep2011, Vol. 165 Issue 9, p10
The article reveals that the U.S. Department of Agriculture is buying up to 40 million U.S. dollars worth of chicken products for federal nutrition assistance programmes.
- Proposed Rules: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;12/5/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 234, p72245
The article presents a proposed rule from the Agricultural Marketing Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) concerning the reapportionment of processed pears grown in Oregon and Washington. The rule intends to establish a pear marketing order and regulates the handling of processed...
- Pears Grown in Oregon and Washington; Assessment Rate Decrease for Processed Pears. Shipman, David R. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;4/11/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 70, p21624
The article offers information on a notice issued by the U.S. Agricultural Marketing Service regarding the adoption of an interim rule as a final rule that decreased the assessment rate for processed pear grown in Oregon and Washington. The Fresh Pear Committee of the U.S. Department of...
- Popular poultry: Chicken's star continues to rise. Dando, Pat // National Provisioner;Aug2006, Vol. 220 Issue 8, p66
The article focuses on the popularity of chicken products in the United States in 2006. Total meat consumption amounted to 200 pounds per person in 2002. Between 1970 and 2004, chicken consumption more than doubled. Chicken seems to be winning against beef in the battle for market share....
- Rules and Regulations: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;4/24/2013, Vol. 78 Issue 79, p24033
The article focuses on modification of assessment rates for fresh pears of Oregon and Washington for the period of 2012-2013. The rate is increased from 0.366 to 0.449 dollars per standard box or winter pears. The rate is established for the Fresh Pear Committee (Committee). The rule is issued...
- USDA will buy up to 6.1 million pounds of Anjou pears. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 12, pA15
Reports on the purchase of Northwest Anjou pears by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Facilitation of child nutrition program; Implementation of domestic food assistance schemes; Budget for the initiative.
- Chicken is Killing the Planet. SHANKER, DEENA // Progressive Populist;10/15/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) has approved the sale of Chinese processed chickens in the U.S. Reports claim that the processed chickens will come from those slaughtered in the U.S. or other certified countries. Critics of the move have claimed that this is...
- Official USDA Food Plans: Cost of Food at Home at Four Levels, U.S. Average, June 2000. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1999, Vol. 12 Issue 3/4, p115
Presents a tabular representation of the weekly and monthly food costs on different age-gender groups, based on the food plans of the United States Department of Agriculture for June 2000.