YEAR-TO-DATE: Inflation continues, prices up 1.39%
- Cheaper chicken, pork grab market shares. OTTE, JOHN // Wallaces Farmer;Mar2014, Vol. 139 Issue 3, pBP6
The article reports that wholesale beef cutouts and feeder-cattle prices declined in January 2014. It says that the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) projects beef production decline by 5.4%, pork production up by 1.7% and broiler up to 3.0%. It states that in 2014, consumers will pay...
- Competitive Storage, Rational Expectations, and Short-Run Food Price Determination. Wohlgenant, Michael K. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Nov85, Vol. 67 Issue 4, p739
This paper demonstrates that lags between retail and wholesale food prices can be explained by inventory behavior of retailers. Theoretical considerations indicate that the markup model should be modified to include a Jorgenson-type user cost variable, which depends on expected future wholesale...
- The effect of Tasker Blue on shelf-life of fresh broiler chicken carcasses. // Poultry Science;Aug2006 Supplement, Vol. 85, p14
An abstract of the article "The effect of Tasker Blue on shelf-life of fresh broiler chicken carcasses," by S. M. Russell is presented.
- June PPI Fall 0.3%; Core Rate Up 0.2%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;7/16/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31927, p2
Reports on the decline in the overall producer price index in the United States in June 2004. Decline in wholesale energy and food prices.
- Comparison of Sampling Methods for the Detection of Salmonella on Whole Broiler Carcasses Purchased from Retail Outlets. Simmons, M.; Fletcher, D.L.; Berrang, M.E.; Cason, J.A. // Journal of Food Protection;Oct2003, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p1768
An experiment was conducted to compare the effectiveness levels of two methods in recovering Salmonella from the same carcass. One hundred fresh whole broiler chickens were purchased from retail outlets over a 5-week period (20 carcasses per week). After carcasses had been aseptically removed...
- Effects of sorghum variety on growth and carcass characteristics in broiler chicks reared in West Africa. Issa, S.; Hancock, J. D.; Tuinstra, M. R.; Kapran, I.; Kaka, S. // Poultry Science;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 87, p146
An abstract of the article "Effects of Sorghum Variety on Growth and Carcass Characteristics in Broiler Chicks Reared in West Africa," by S. Issa and colleagues is presented.
- Impact of added sand on the recovery of SaImonella, Campylobacter, Escherichia coli, and coliforms from pre-chill and post-chill broiler carcass halves. Hannah, J. F.; Fletcher, D. L.; Cox, N. A.; Smith, D. P.; Cason, J. A.; Northcutt, J. K.; Buhr, R. J.; Richardson, L. J. // Poultry Science;2008 Supplement 1, Vol. 87, p167
An abstract of the paper "Impact of Added Sand on the Recovery of Salmonella, Campylobacter, Escherichia coli, and Coliforms From Pre-Chill and Post-Chill Broiler Carcass Halves," by J. F. Hannah and colleagues is presented.
- The Effect of Airsacculitis on Bird Weights, Uniformity, Fecal Contamination, Processing Errors, and Populations of Campylobacter spp. and Escherichia coli. Russell, S.M. // Poultry Science;Aug2003, Vol. 82 Issue 8, p1326
Determines whether or not the presence of airsacculitis in broiler chickens contributes to loss of saleable yield, lack of uniformity, fecal contamination, processing errors and increases in populations of pathogenic and indicator bacteria. Effect on adjusted carcass weight and uniformity;...
- Retail Beef Prices Up. // American Cattlemen;Aug2012, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p30
The article offers information on the report from the Consumer Price Index for Food which reveals that beef prices in the U.S. have increased by 0.6% between April and May 2012 than overall food prices.