START THE DAY OFF RIGHT: HEALTHY BREAKFAST
- Brake for Breakfast. // Scholastic Parent & Child;Sep2005, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p71
The article focuses on different types of breakfast that are very nutritious for children. The USDA claims that 48% of girls and 32% of boys skip breakfast and they typically do not make up the nutrition lost. Juice and milk cups can be poured and refrigerated. Cereal bowls can be filled and...
- ASK JUDY. Davie, Judy // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);4/25/2005, Vol. 57 Issue 17, p84
Focuses on the disadvantages of drinking fresh juice as replacement for breakfast. Energy provided by fresh juice; Foods that can be combined with fresh juice for breakfast; Importance of choosing the right type of juice.
- Breakfast Bonanza. Sare, Chris // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan99, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p198
Offers advice on how to make the most out of a breakfast meal. Importance of breakfast to bodybuilders' health; Calorie intake suggestions for breakfast; Variety of food choices perfect for breakfast.
- Breaking Fast. // Prepared Foods;Feb2007, Vol. 176 Issue 2, p9
This article focuses on the emergence of new and reformulated breakfast products that resulted from health trends, including concern about rising childhood obesity and heart-healthy diets. Healthy alternatives are being sought by consumers to standard breakfast fare such as products that are...
- No Waffling: Frozen Breakfasts Are Not Created Equal. Klausner, Andrea // Environmental Nutrition;Jan2001, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p5
Presents nutrition information about frozen breakfasts.
- How To Fall In Love With Breakfast Again. // Jet;8/16/2004, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p48
Discusses the importance of eating breakfast and what one should do to introduce it back into their diet. Need for breakfast to be simple, such as cereal or oatmeal; Food that can be eaten on the run; How to save time by preparing breakfast items the night before; Way that eating with others...
- YOU CAN'T BELIEVE YOUR EYES. // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p54
The article presents research which dealt with the eating behavior of U.S. people during breakfast. Cornell University scientists found that people ate more cereal from bigger bowls than from smaller ones, even though they thought the opposite to be true.
- Whole foods kitchen. Errey, Sally // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2005, Issue 267, p98
The article focuses on a healthy breakfast and gives some suggestions regarding that. A good breakfast can aid weight loss. Alter all, breakfast is a major opportunity to eat well. Essential nutrients, such as complex carbohydrates, protein, fibre and vitamins and minerals can boost energy...
- Is fruit juice really good for kids? // Marriage Partnership;Winter92, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p90
Argues that fruit juices are not necessarily good for children. Fruit juices as appetite suppressants; Comments from a pediatrician; Promotion of cavities.