DESTINATION GUY DIRECTS: Dining high in the Rockies
- The Toast of the Tetons. Kaye, Susan // TravelAmerica;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p26
Presents information on two resorts operated by Grand Teton Lodge Company in Teton, Wyoming. Jenny Lake Lodge; Jackson Lake Lodge.
- Rainier Guest Services Retains Concessions Contract For Mount Rainier National Park. // National Parks Traveler;10/25/2013, p1
The article reports that Rainier Guest Services LLC, a subsidiary of Guest Services Inc., has retained a concessions contract for Mount Rainier National Park of Washington as of October 2013. Topics include the operation of food, lodging and beverage services by Rainier Guest Services within the...
- Grand Teton Lodge Company Provides $600,000 To Grand Teton National Park Foundation For Park Projects. // National Parks Traveler;11/7/2012, p1
The article discusses donations made by Grand Teton Lodge Co. to Grand Teton National Park. It states that donations from Grand Teton Lodge Co. originate through a voluntary program which allows guests to contribute one dollar per night of their stay to the Foundation's work in the park and the...
- WIND POWER FOR GRAND TETON LODGE. // Lodging Hospitality;11/1/2006, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p88
The article focuses on the purchasing of clean, renewable wind-generated energy by the Grand Teton Lodge Company (GTLC) in Grand Teton National Park, Wyoming. The move aims to offset 100 percent of its energy use. The company's wind-power provider is Renewable Choice Energy of Boulder, Colorado....
- Largest Private-Sector Employers. // Wyoming Business Report;Sep2013 Wyoming Book of Lists, p31
A table is presented which lists the top 20 largest private-sector employers as of September 2013 ranked based on the number of their employees in Wyoming including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., North Colorado Medical Center, and Grand Teton Lodge Co.
- HFM honors 2002 winners of Spotlight on Innovation. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/23/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 38, p18
Reports the awards received by the Foodservice directors from hospitals in Chicago, Toronto and Columbus, Ohio. Presentation of award from the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management; List of awardees; Provisions of the awards during the HFM's annual conference.
- The wine seller. Scarpa, James // Restaurant Business;3/1/96, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p170
Focuses on the philosophy of Mary Ross, principal of Chicago, Illinois-based Mary Ross & Associates, on the importance of teaching the right mental attitude to restaurant wine servers. Ross' background in the wine-serving industry; Value of a well-trained service staff to a profitable and smooth...
- Turning point. Adams, Michael // Restaurant Business;04/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p37
Profiles several food service employees in the United States. Includes Millie Miner, waitress of International House of Pancakes in North Palm Beach, Florida; Van Eure, owner of Angus Barn in Raleigh, North Carolina; Julie Lau, general manager of Suzie's in New York City; Paul Murphy, chef of...
- Love 'em or lose 'em. Klara, Robert // Restaurant Business;05/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the results of a study by the Foodservice Research Forum on the conditions and attitudes of food service employees. Reason for working in food service; Top ten perceived employment needs; Top ten unmeet needs by the employees; Reasons for leaving the food service industry; Career...