STARTING WITH $2.5 MIL. GIFT: Compass charts U-AR plans
- U. of Arkansas blends signature/natl. brands. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p1
Reports that the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, Arkansas is converting its student union foodservice into a foodcourt featuring Profiles in Good Taste concepts. Features of the program; Meal plans of the university.
- Gagliardi to retire from Canteen. // Food Management;Jan2003, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
Tony Gagliardi has announced that he will retire from his position as president of Canteen, food service company Compass Group North America's vending division, after almost 10 years with the company. Gagliardi will remain active with Compass as an executive officer of the company, and he will...
- Letters. Vaughan, Lord Roy; Vaughan, Lady Daphne; Fewell, Arnold; Morton, Rob; Wright, Steve // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/17/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4366, p18
Presents letters to the editor referencing articles and topics in previous issues of "Caterer & Hotelkeeper" magazine of Great Britain. Details of the Sodexho School Meals Survey; Benefits of the Red Nose Day Recycling Appeal; Response to an article on tronc schemes of the Inland Revenue.
- inbrief. // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p30
The article presents news developments related to food service in the United States as of June 2006. The University of Georgia will open its Oglethorpe Dining Commons by summer. Levy Restaurants has been selected to operate the food service concessions in the Hoffman Estates sports and...
- Before Opening Day. Heinemann, Esther // Education;Jun1950, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p648
This article presents tips for planning a school cafeteria. The most desirable location for a cafeteria is on the first floor with an outside entrance near the kitchen. The first thing that should be done is to have several copies of the cafeteria blue-print and send one to three or four...
- Operators Need to Promote Onsite's Role as an Employer of Choice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p10
This article presents the author's views on the need to promote the food facilities available schools, hospitals, colleges and other institutions. The author came across an article "Food services' Budget Surplus Funds Additions." He says that this actually portrays the issue of what happens to...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;5/10/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 19, p24
Reports developments related to food service industry in the U.S. as of May 2004. Annual report on school foodservice; Retirement of Brian Mulvaney as executive vice president of Aramark's; Opening of Army & Air Force Exchange Service's Sunset Strips foodservice unit.
- Grab-and-go items, premium coffee big trends on campus. Duecy, Erica // Nation's Restaurant News;11/28/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 48, p18
The article reports that upscale grab-and-go meals and specialty coffee are among the hottest trends in food service at universities and colleges in the U.S. Some campus food service outlets now serve from 6:30 a.m. until 12 a.m. on weeknights and until 2 a.m. on weekends. Thus, more and more...
- Compass divisions garner Youth Employment awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p16
Reports Youth Employment awards in the foodservice divisions of Compass Group North America in Charlotte, North Carolina.