SCHOOL LUNCH PROGRAM: Health researchers slam a la carte menus in school f/s
- Keeping Up With the New School. // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p73
Features Palm Coast High School Cafeteria at Flagler County Schools in Daytona Beach, Florida. Design elements; Results; Seating; Staff; School enrollment; Average daily reimbursable lunches sold; Average daily a la carte sales; Reimbursable lunch stations; Opening; Cost.
- STEAL THIS IDEA. // FoodService Director;9/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p20
The article looks at the approach of several institutions in the U.S. in their foodservices. Bread were switched for grilled cheese sandwiches to whole meat at the University of Wisconsin to get more fiber and whole grains into the students' diet. University of New Hampshire produces artisan...
- Food Environment in Secondary Schools: Ã€ La Carte, Vending Machines, and Food Policies and Practices. French, Simone A.; Story, Mary; Fulkerson, Jayne A.; Gerlach, Anne Faricy // American Journal of Public Health;Jul2003, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p1161
Objectives. This study described the food environment in 20 Minnesota secondary schools. Methods. Data were collected on school food policies and the availability and nutritional content of foods in school Ã la carte (ALC) areas and vending machines (VMs). Results. Approximately 36% and 35%...
- Aramark looks to lure students with updated designs, menus. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/30/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 35, p8
Reports on the introduction of two youth-oriented concepts by Aramark Corp. in several schools in the U.S. Intention of providing comfortable dining spaces to student customers; Launch of a marketing campaign using celebrities to promote healthy eating; Description of several dishes available;...
- MÃ¡s de 2.6 millones de escolares reciben atenciÃ³n del Programa Nacional de AlimentaciÃ³n Escolar QALI WARMA. // Agro Enfoque;oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 190, p62
No abstract available.
- The Association of the School Food Environment With Dietary Behaviors of Young Adolescents. Kubik, Martha Y.; Lytle, Leslie A.; Hannan, Peter J.; Perry, Cheryl L.; Story, Mary // American Journal of Public Health;Jul2003, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p1168
Objectives. We examined the association between young adolescents' dietary behaviors and school vending machines, Ã la carte programs, and fried potatoes' being served at school lunch. Methods. Using a cross-sectional study design, we measured Ã la carte availability and the number of...
- School food policy at Dutch primary schools: room for improvement? Cross-sectional findings from the INPACT study. Van Ansem, Wilke J. C.; Schrijvers, Carola T. M.; Rodenburg, Gerda; Schuit, Albertine J.; Van de Mheen, Dike // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Schools can play an important role in the prevention of obesity, e.g. by providing an environment that stimulates healthy eating habits and by developing a food policy to provide such an environment. The effectiveness of a school food policy is affected by the content of the policy,...
- With Branded Foodcourt: Texas Tech addresses the `a la carte challenge'. Pond, James // FoodService Director;10/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
Describes the a la carte concept of the food service program of Texas Tech University in Lubbock. Key to any a la carte operation; List of stations based in Texas Tech's foodcourt called The Market; Objectives met by the facility.
- PlanificaciÃ³n nutricional de los menÃºs escolares para los centros pÃºblic0s de la Comunidad de Madrid. Del Pozo, S.; Cuadrado, C.; Rodríguez, M.; Quintanilla, L.; Ávila, J. M.; Moreiras, O. // Nutricion Hospitalaria;nov-dic2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p667
Some nutritional unbalances have been observed in menus served at dining rooms of schools from the Community of Madrid (CM): small portions, inter-day variations up to 50% of energy intake, unbalances in caloric and lipidic profiles, little variety, lack of parental information, etc. The...