FROM 9 TO 6: NACUFS' new regional structure will 'help us reach out,' says Napolitano
- RESULT OF MEMBERSHIP DRIVE: 5 colleges join HPSI program for savings. // FoodService Director;06/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p5
Announces the United States colleges and universities that have been added to the HPSI Purchasing Services' Hospitality Program. Implication of the growth in the membership; Brief information on HPSI and its program.
- NACUFS Celebrates 50 Years At Conference in D.C. // FoodService Director;8/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p18
Photographs of the 50th anniversary of National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) in July 2008 are presented.
- Pierce moves up. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Presents an update on personnel changes at college and university food service in the U.S. as of July 2005. Appointment of Dennis Pierce at the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Designation of Pete Napolitano at the State University of New York in Cobleskill.
- Ad blitz pays off. // FoodService Director;9/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p1
This article focuses on a simple marketing philosophy employed by the dining services department at State University of New York, Cobleskill which doubled catering sales on campus. Pete Napolitano, director of dining services at the university, said they changed the philosophy of the program. He...
- Managing the Night part Day part. Schuster, Karolyn // Food Management;Jun2006, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p58
The article reports on the offer of 24-hour service by food service operations in several universities in the United States. Campus operators have responded have extended breakfast hours and expanded the late-night dining services. Some food service operators offer dining options throughout the...
- A Year of Milestones. Lawn, John // Food Management;Feb2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on the milestones of the various associations in the noncommercial food service industry in the U.S. in 2007. Marking its 90th anniversary is the American Dietetic Association, which influenced the development of "volume feeding." The National School Lunch Program is...
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;9/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Presents news briefs on the foodservices industry in the U.S. as of September 15, 2004. Rank of the foodservice at Wheaton College in Illinois in Princeton Review's Great Campus Food category; Appointment of Sharon Cox at the National Society for Healthcare Foodservice Management.
- NACUFS Convenes North-of-the-Border. // Food Management;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p16
The article reports on the online education course offered by the National Association of College and University Food Services (NACUFS) to help college foodservice professionals ameliorate their comprehension, as well as the management of campus meal plan strategies, financials, and operations...
- UC's Remarkable Rec. // Food Management;Sep2006, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p92
Several photographs which were provided by the University of Cincinnati in Ohio, depicting the great spaces of the CenterCourt Dining Center is presented, along with its renovated facilities that reveal stylish elegance, innovation, or efficiencies of the dining center.