SELF-OP OR CONTRACT? Hospital conference mulls mgmt. style pros, cons
- SURFACES Â¦ STONEXPO/MARMOMACC AMERICAS ADDS NEW CONFERENCE MANAGER . . . // Stone World;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p19
The article announces the appointment of Michele Nebel Peake as an independent contractor at the Surface/StonExpo/Marmomacc Americas conference team.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: California Employment Law;Apr2011, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p3
The article offers news briefs related to legal cases such as the agreement between the employers and nonexempt employees to set a salary covering regular work and overtime and taking expert legal advice on how to structure the contract when planning to create independent contractor relationships.
- FORM: Workersâ€™ Compensation. // Working With Independent Contractors;2014, p1
The article presents the terms and conditions for workers' compensation under an independent contractor agreement.
- Tudor Hart calls for all GPs to be salaried. // Pulse;4/11/2012, Vol. 72 Issue 13, p2
The article reports that general practitioners (GPs) will be employed on a salaried basis instead of their independent contractor status as it will allow for better health care planning.
- Bottom line: safety pays. // CEE News;May99, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p4
Comments on issues affecting independent electric contractors. Recognition of contracting companies with exemplary safety policies; Update on the Miller Act of 1935 affecting pay rates in the industry.
- HUMAN RESOURCES. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/14/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the increase in small-business hiring in the U.S. in November 2009 compared with October, based on the SurePayroll Small Business Scorecard. The November data was pooled from over 25,000 small businesses in the country. The majority of the increase is attributed to a...
- Beware the lure of the independent contractor. Murphy, James A. // Orange County Business Journal;3/10/97, Vol. 20 Issue 10, pA-5
Looks at the utilization of independent contractors. Details on legal aspects regarding payment; Determination of an independent contractor of employee status; Evaluation of a specific work situation; Benchmarks for indication of an independent contractor arrangement.
- Savings or legal snare? Bordwin, Milton // Management Review;Nov95, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p9
Gives information on a series of legal briefs. Information on independent contractors; Recommendations.
- State attempts to define `independent contractor'. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;2/24/97, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p1
Focuses on efforts to adopt common guidelines in identifying workers as employees or independent contractors in New York. Review of guidelines by the state Labor Department; Use of independent contractors to reduce labor costs.