WITH $10-MIL. BOOST: PENN PLANS UPGRADES
- Yale University Cuts Food Ties With Aramark. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p8
This article reports on the decision of Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut to end its contract with Aramark. Beginning January 1, 2008, dining facilities at 11,500-student Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut will be self-operated. According to the "Yale Daily News," the contractor...
- IN CONTRACTOR CHANGEOVER: PENN SEEKS RETAIL GROWTH. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the plan of the dining services at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia to increase retail options for meal plan students when Aramak's foodservice management contract takes effect. Coverage of the contract; Total food service sales at the university; Information on...
- in brief. // Food Management;Sep2008, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p22
The article offers news briefs related to the food service in the U.S. The University of Florida opened its campus for Moe's Southwest Grill and Chili's Too commercial outlet chains. The Disneyland Resort has closed its three onsite food outlets that serve McDonald's branded menu items for their...
- WITH NEW ARAMARK PROGRAM: CAMPUS FOOD GETS REAL. // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Deals with the Real Food on Campus program of food service company Aramark. Demands of college students for cafeteria food; Options offered in the program; Elements of the brand.
- Bloomsburg U. Debuts New Servery. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p18
Describes Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania's Scranton Commons Dining Hall. Concepts.
- Major F/S renovation push ahead: What's up at U. of Penn. // FoodService Director;06/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p62
Focuses on the reorganization of the food service program at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Selection of Bon Appetit to provide all food service operations in the Perelman Quad; Development of a study plan on the university's catering services. INSET: A dining assessment: Penn...
- UPenn mulls outsourcing foodservice. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/08/96, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p18
Cites a report in campus newspaper `The Summer Pennsylvanian' on the University of Pennsylvania's plan to turn over its foodservice operations to a contractor. Companies for consideration.
- COMING THIS SEMESTER: Campus beefs up board-plan. // FoodService Director;09/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the renovation of Scranton Commons at Bloomsburg University in Pennsylvania aimed to give space for a board-plan operation, a cyber cafeteria and a pizza shop. Value of the renovation; Description of the renovated facility.
- Step into the Power House. // Food Management;Jul2006, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p17
The article reports that the University of Southern Mississippi opened its first full-service school dining venue, a 200-seat restaurant called the Power House. It mentions that it was financed through a two-million dollar investment from Aramark Corporation, the university campus dining service...