PIZZA TOPS FIRM'S CHECK AVG
- Mixing coffee and dessert. Strenk, T. H. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, Special section p10
The article deals with coffee and dessert pairings. A survey from iLab-Technomic showed 81% of operators in the U.S. reporting that adding dessert/coffee pairings could increase sales, while 62% say they could charge more for such after-dinner matches. Seattle's Best Coffee suggests pairing...
- Forecast 2003: Growth uptick despite stormy economy. Liddle, Alan J.; Peters, James // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p1
Details the National Restaurant Association forecast of growth in food-and-drink sales in the U.S. for 2003. Need for the federal government to implement a fiscal-stimulus policy that will restore consumer confidence and attract investment; Optimism of operators in the casual-dining segments. ...
- Operators fear post-9/11 economy could prove too taxing in 2003. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p50
Predicts the increase in total eating-place sales in the Middle Atlantic States in 2003. Worries about increased taxation; Spending deficits faced by operators. INSET: 2003 MID-ATLANTIC FORECAST.
- No ifs, and or buts: Restaurateurs hope food sales continue to grow. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;1/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p52
Forecasts the increase in total eating-place sales in New England in 2003. Factors that may contribute to the increase; Amount of projected sales. INSET: 2003 NEW ENGLAND FORECAST.
- IFMA/Technomic forecast: Real growth to fall 0.5% this year, rise 0.2% in 2004. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/6/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the projection on food service sales growth based on the International Foodservice Manufacturers Inc. Forecast & Outlook report in the U.S. Percentage of menu price inflation; Unadjusted growth of the restaurants-and-bars segment; Rate of sales growth in the limited-service segment...
- Frozen desserts: providing a perfect finish to your dining experience. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;05/01/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p23
Indicates the dessert station as the most challenging department of a restaurant's kitchen. Traditional hierarchy of the kitchen; Use of frozen desserts to augment the restaurant's dessert menu; Frozen desserts equipment.
- AN ONGOING LOVE AFFAIR: FOREVER CHOCOLATE. Lassen Fiss, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p58
Provides information on the popularity of chocolate desserts in the food service industry in the U.S. Popularity of chocolate treats during holidays; Range of chocolate specialties being offered by Franklin Lakes, New-Jersey-based Cosmo Farinola; Significance of the visual appeal of the dessert...
- At the dessert bar. Lassen, Mary // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p108
Focuses on the dessert bars and cookies offered by food service operators in the United States. Baking style of Tina Polenberg, pastry chef for FLIK's Bear Stearns executive dining room; Recipe for a brownie at Haileyville Public School in Oklahoma; Offerings at Family Recovery Center in...
- Sweet Desire. Ridge, Diane // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p54
Encourages food service operators in the United States to offer high quality desserts to their customers. Advantages of food service operators from satisfying their customers' craving for high-quality desserts; Overview on the efforts of industry players in banking on increased customer desire...