- DRAW FOR MEAT-EATERS, TOO: Columbia U. opens vegan station. // FoodService Director;12/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p5
Focuses on Global Greens, the vegan station opened by Columbia University in New York City at its John J. Dining Hall in order to keep vegetarians on the meal plan. Percentage of diners in the hall who are vegetarians; Features of the Global Greens brand; Comments from Sandra Maltzman,...
- RISING TO THE CHALLENGE. Yeager, David // Today's Dietitian;Dec2010, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p24
The article profiles Justin Johnson, executive chef at the independent-living retirement community Harwood Place in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. It mentions that Johnson had transformed the foodservice operation of the institution, from cafeteria-style facility to a fine dining restaurant. It states...
- Seniors embrace display cooking. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the success of a display cooking concept by The Overlook at Brooksby Village Retirement Community in Pennsylvania. Features of the service at the restaurant; Statement from Doug Garner, senior director of dining services, on the customers who visit the Overlook; Reason for the...
- High on Hog. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p69
Deals with the popularity of pork dishes or recipes in the food service sector across the U.S. Comments from Mary Pribich, director of food and nutrition services at Doctors Hospital; Favorite pork dishes at Rest Haven, a retirement home and senior community resident; Information on the...
- Why Residents Now Love Dining at Laurel Lake. // Food Management;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on in-house foodservice operation at the Laurel Lake Retirement Community in Hudson, Ohio. Services to residents in terms of food quality and personal interaction; Enumeration of amenities included; Range of fees for residents per month. INSETS: Fastfacts;Bridging the generation gap.
- Combines fine dining, special diets: Waterman Village raises resident satisfaction scores. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the food service at Waterman Village, a retirement complex in Mount Dora, Florida. Development of a diabetic/heart-healthy menu; Direct correlation between the level of satisfaction with food and the whole complex; Diabetic considerations.
- SLATED FOR FALL 2003 OPENING: LIFE CARE CTR. TO VARY F/S OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p14
Presents information on the foodservice options of Inverness Village, a life care retirement center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Dining venues; Other services for the residents.
- At Merrill Gardens Sr. unit: Going beyond the menu. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the food service at Merrill Gardens, a retirement community in Whittier, California. Comments from food service director Dorothy Rocha; Efforts to improve staff at the facility; What is being done to enhance the meal experience at the facility.
- Arizona CCRC Gains Gluten-free Certification. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p14
The article announces that the Grandview Terrace senior living center in Sun City, Arizona has earned a gluten-free certification by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness following the center's upgrades and staff training.