'A GREAT VALUE': Summer sales for RA's NYC cafes are 'in the bag'
- Capitol Cafe Launches Value Meals. // FoodService Director;8/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p6
The article reports on the launch by Restaurant Associates (RA) of value meals in the main cafeteria of the Longworth House Office Building in Washington D.C. RA regional director Mary Bowman explains the reason behind the move. One of the cafe's stations is converted into a onestop shop for...
- EKIBEN. Haas, Scott // Saveur;Jan/Feb2014, Issue 162, p64
The article offers information ekiben, which refers to artfully composed bento lunch boxes offered at train stations in Japan.
- Restaurant Associates: Ready for prime time. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;8/13/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p66
Focuses on the emergence of Restaurant Associates Corp. as one of the leading foodservice companies in New York. Maintenance of the company's market share; Growth of the revenues from the operating divisions; Pursuit of strategic acquisitions to generate additional profits.
- RA pushes B&I growth. // FoodService Director;03/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p95
Focuses on the growth of foodservice contractor Restaurant Associates following a management buyout in October 1996. Growth rate; Number of accounts; Benefits of industry consolidation for RA; Major clients in Boston, Massachusetts and New York City; Growth of the business and industry segment;...
- trendwatch. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p4
This section reports on the trends concerning the U.S. food-service industry. According to a survey conducted by The NPD Group, school and college foodservice is not measuring up to the experiences that students ages 13 to 22 are having in commercial restaurants. The Sports Museum of America has...
- American breakfasts, Italian style. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/12/99, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p20
Focuses on the breakfast business of Restaurant Associates in two of its restaurants at the MetLife Building in New York City. Concept of take-out breakfasts; Full service breakfasts for executive meetings offered by Naples 45; Coffee and pastries of Cucina & Co.
- Restaurant Assoc. targets top golf. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p17
Reports on the Restaurant Associates' catering services at the U.S. Open in June, 1999 in Pinehurst, North Carolina, PGA in August 1999 in Illinois and at the Ryder Cup in Brookline, Massachusetts.
- RA revives Brasserie, plots major expansion. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;01/17/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p4
Cites the expansion plans of United States-based diversified foodservice firm Restaurant Associates. Scheduled reopening of Brasserie in January 2000; Addition of high-profile venues; Expansion of the company's public restaurants; Financial performance in 1999.
- Cafe is right on Time. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p20
Features the Park CafÃ© under Restaurant Associates Managed Services located in the South Tower of the Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle in New York. Operating hours of the cafÃ© Features of the cafÃ©; Food stations in the cafÃ©.