NEW HARDWARE FOR SLOAN-KETTERING: HOSP. F/S GOING WIRELESS
- Friendly's set as Baystate Medical Center. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p1
States that the Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, Massachusetts is planning to create a food operation in the lobby entrance which is expected to include the branded concept by Friendly's. Description of the area where the operation will be set up; When the operation is scheduled to open;...
- AT CAL-PACIFIC MED. CTR: MEAL TIME DELIVERY DROPS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the food service at the California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Entrees offered to patients; Benefits of the food service approach.
- RETAIL PROGRAM UPGRADE: Maine Medical Center takes customer nutrition to heart. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the food service program of Maine Medical Center. Development of a heart-healthy food service program; Growth of the cafeteria of the center; Details of the I Love Food program.
- TO RAISE THE BAR FOR CUSTOMERS, STAFF: Value meals, food safety are tops at VA Canteens. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p1
Repors on the introduction of value meals to the cafeterias of Veterans Canteen Service in Veterans Affairs Medical Centers in the United States. Partnership with Coca-Cola for promotion and marketing; Features of the meal; Importance placed by the agency on food safety.
- 11 ENTREES REPLACE 7-DAY CYCLE: Revamped patient menu nets UCLA hospital $30K. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the changes in patient menus as the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) Medical Center in Los Angeles. Advantages of the menu change; Features of the offering.
- PRE-ORDERING CONTROLS WASTE: CA hosp. offering meals-on-the-run. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p5
Reports on the Family on the Run program, a home-meal replacement program of the City of Hope Medical Center in Duarte, California. Description of the meals offered; Examples of food included in the meals; Average cost of a meal.
- CA med. ctr. adds brands. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p8
States that Pomona Valley Medical Center in Los Angeles, California has begun a major renovation to transform its coffee shop and cafeteria into a state-of-the-art foodcourt. Concept of the operation; Number of daily customers; Plans for interim service; Installation of Subway Sandwiches.
- Palm Pilot Menu Entry Boosts Meal Satisfaction. // Food Management;Apr2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the use of a Palm Pilot program by the Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina for meal selections by patients. How the program works; Benefits for the hospital; Description of the program.
- Serving Others. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;12/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p42
The article discusses the accomplishments of Catherine Austin as food service director at Memphis VA Medical Center in Tennessee. Austin has boosted the foodservice department at the medical center by fostering an environment for learning by developing an employee computer laboratory in the...