- Highlights On "The Hill" // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul50, Vol. 29 Issue 6/7, p163
This year U.S. Congress lumped all its foreign aid programs into one omnibus-aid bill. The President's so-called Point-4 plan involving technical aid to underdeveloped nations of the world was finally authorized as part of the bill. The House provided only $25 million for the first year's...
- Rating the Performance of Legislators. // New Republic;10/17/64, Vol. 151 Issue 16, p13
Presents the performance ratings of the legislators of the various states in the U.S. Factors taken into account by the U.S. Senate include mass transportation, youth conservation, test ban treaty, vocational educational, wheat sales, oil depletion, tax cut, civil rights act, poverty program,...
- Market Shows Little Reaction to House Vote. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/6/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32976, p2
The article reports on the passing of financial rescue package bill by the U.S. House representatives after the Senate approved the modified package. It states that municipal market did not show an immediate reaction to the plan's approval. According to the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board,...
- HAROLD L. ICKES: Hunger Cannot Be Adjourned. Ickes, Harold L. // New Republic;4/30/51, Vol. 124 Issue 18, p18
The article presents information on steps taken by the U.S. government to provide aid to the people of India. The Rules Committee of the House is holding up the legislation necessary to send aid to the people in India. The Foreign Relations Committee of the Senate has been so slow even to...
- Support "Stop and Study" bills. // ABA Banking Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 103 Issue 4, p47
The article presents an invitation to support the bipartisan House and Senate bills in the U.S. that would give agencies the time to study the impact of regulating debit interchange transaction fees.
- Rural Concerns and the National Policy Environment. Jahr, Dale // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Dec88, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p1078
No abstract available.
- Action Taken by Congress. // Congressional Digest;Jun/Jul30, Vol. 9 Issue 6/7, p181
Presents a daily summary of the proceedings of the U.S. House and Congress from April 18, 1930 to June 14, 1930. Resolutions; Bills; Hearings.
- Yeas & nays. // Insight on the News;08/12/96, Vol. 12 Issue 30, p46
Reports on several political indicators in the Senate and House of the United States Congress. Includes minimum-wage increase issues; Defense funding; Legislative appropriations.
- Yeas & nays. // Insight on the News;07/27/98, Vol. 14 Issue 27, p48
Presents information on legislations in the United States House and Senate. Details on a vote in the Senate on an amendment to tobacco legislation which will eliminate the marriage-tax penalty; Rejection of a constitutional amendment which would guarantee an individual's right to prey on public...