Indianapolis Fiscal Policy Council Seeks Accountability
- Streamlining plan deserves support. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/9/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 22, p12A
Editorial. Comments on the benefits of government consolidation; Recognition by both Republicans and Democrats of the system's logic based on measurement of efficiency; Belief by politicians of the concept's applicability to reverse Indianapolis' worsening fiscal crises; Plans by city mayor Bart...
- Thrifty policies of Indianapolis mayor credited for city's healthy ratings. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;04/15/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30372, p1
Reports on how the thrifty policies of Indianapolis Mayor Stephen Goldsmith earned for the city the distinction of carrying a unified triple-A bond rating. Goldsmith's competitive approach to government and disdain for property tax hikes; City's buffer against heavy borrowing.
- Best wishes to a one-of-a-kind businessman. Katterjohn, Chris // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/20/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p15
Profiles businessman Bart Peterson in Indiana. Family background; Childhood development; Career highlights.
- Mayor receives education honor. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p9
Reports the receipt of mayor Bart Peterson of 2002 Education Leader of the Year award from Indianapolis-based Greater Educational Opportunities Foundation in Indiana.
- Peterson to Highlight Luncheon. // Indiana Lawyer;7/7/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p11
The article reports that Indianapolis Mayor and Eli Lilly executive Bart Peterson will be features as speaker of the luncheon meeting 3rd Diversity Job Fair, "Metropolitan Meets Midwest" hosted by Indianapolis Bar Association to highlight the legal community's commitment to enhance diversity at...
- GOVERNMENT. // Indianapolis Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p15
Reports on the success of the 'One Book, One City' campaign developed by Mayor Bart Peterson in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Mayor's sports strategy eases a fan's anxieties. Benner, Bill // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p39
Focuses on the mayoral sports legacy of Bart Peterson in Indianapolis, Indiana. Way of promoting public safety; Plans of building stadiums; Factors influencing the improvement of small businesses in the city.
- Mayor to host benefit for city parks. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/24/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p5
Announces the first 'Mayor's Lunch for Parks' on March 12, 2003 at the Westin Hotel in Indianapolis, Indiana, hosted by Indianapolis mayor Bart Peterson.
- City to proceed in new direction. Schoettle // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/99, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p3
Reports on Indianapolis, Indiana-based Mayor-elect Bart Peterson's plan to reorganize the city's transportation as of November 22, 1999. Details of the mayor-elect's Peterson Plan. INSET: The Peterson Plan on transportation..