Texas to Set State Record With $7.5 Billion Trans Sale Tuesday
- Mr. Governor, rural counties need your assistance. Trepagnier, Don // Business Press;02/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 41, p35
Calls for support from the Texas government for the regulation of growth in rural areas. Concerns on the proposed sites of two rural subdivisions; Authority of counties to regulate development under existing laws; Proposals to broaden the power of counties to regulate growth.
- Barriers to the implementation of economic development projects in rural Texas communities. Winter, Eric W. // Economic Development Review;Summer96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p73
Focuses on the barriers to the implementation of economic development in rural Texas communities. Lack of diversification; Texas Department of Commerce's Economic Development Base Analysis Program; Lack of local leadership in implementing projects.
- Did you know â€¦ about Texas? // Graham Leader;7/3/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 92, p4A
The article presents several facts related to farming, human population, and wool production in Texas.
- An Integrated Economic Development Budget. Lavine, Dick // Texas Business Review;Feb2001, p1
Proposes an integrated economic development budget for the state of Texas. Incorporation of local efforts into a master integrated budget; Comparison of the impacts of direct appropriations and tax incentives; Cost of selected sales tax exemptions; Cost of selected franchise tax deductions and...
- Dallas Seeks to Rid River of Jail. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;10/21/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33998, p1
The article informs that the closing of the defunct state jail on the banks of the Trinity River in Dallas, Texas provides an opportunity to improve the 2 billion U.S. dollars parkway development in the area.
- Chamber to meet on May 7. // Wilson County News;4/30/2014, p7A
The article offers information on a meeting of the Greater La Vernia to be held in La Vernia, Texas on May 7, 2014 to discuss several topics including updates on Hammerfest, business directory news and fund-raiser plans.
- The state at work. King // Texas Business Review;Oct99, p1
Discusses the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 and its implications for the state of Texas. Aim to reform workforce development programs in the United States; Adoption of a comprehensive and systematic approach to workforce development in Texas; Major provisions of the act; Comparison of Texas'...
- Return on Investment. AREND, MARK // Site Selection;Mar2013, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p6
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses an article on expansion plans of businesses in Texas and metropolitans and micropolitans who were included in Top Metros for 2012.
- GOVERNOR ABBOTT SIGNS LEGISLATION PROVIDING OVER $4 BILLION IN TAX RELIEF. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;6/18/2015, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p1
The article discusses the legislative bills including House Bill 32, Senate Bill 1 and House Bill 7, signed by the governor of Texas, Greg Abbott on June 15, 2015 which are stated to provide tax relief for Texans.