Accommodating religion on the job: Few rules, lots of common sense
- Supervisor's insight. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;2/17/2009, Vol. 4 Issue 89, p3
The article provides tips on the right way to deal with employees requesting a religious accommodation. It states that in turning down a request from employee, the managers should know the right approach and suitable arrangement to avoid having an employee-related lawsuit. It notes that managers...
- Pondering religion's role in Earth's troubles. Jones, Arthur // National Catholic Reporter;04/03/98, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p25
Discusses religion's role in the earth's troubles. Person who said that Christianity is to be blame for the earth's problems; Stephen Scharper's three categories of Christian ecological discourse; Interpretations on Christianity's role in ecological crisis.
- Dial-a-church. Marty, Martin E. // Christian Century;5/4/94, Vol. 111 Issue 15, p479
Discusses the market orientation in religion. Examples of Jesus' marketing skills; Marketing as an issue of perspective and domination; Church-hopping, buyers'-market mentality; Offers of a `Church Search' referral service.
- Drawing near. Jenkins, J. Marshall // Christian Century;1/24/96, Vol. 113 Issue 3, p73
Reports that the 21st Century started with great expectations and ended with great disillusionment. Spirituality; Author's cynical side.
- Japanese suburbanites defy law. Gaouette, Nicole // Christian Science Monitor;9/28/99, Vol. 91 Issue 212, p5
Focuses on the refusal of Japanese mayors and residents to allow residency to the religious group Aum.
- Hunger for the connection. O'Malley, William J. // America;10/18/1997, Vol. 177 Issue 11, p11
Discusses how to get a genuine connection to God and its implication to the society. Description of Carl Sagan's inner self in his novel `Contact'; Information about the second Vatican Council; Discussion on the root of religion.
- Dumbing down God. Rust, Michael; Wagner, David // Insight on the News;06/01/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p8
States that adequately trained priest and ministers are being viewed by youth in the United States (US) as moral guides based on the way they are portrayed on television. Reference to the `Jerry Springer show'; Details on the advertising boycott being directed at the show, organized by Reverend...
- Dilemmas of conservatism. Muller, Jerry Z. // Public Interest;Spring2000, Issue 139, p50
Discusses issues pertaining to the problems of conservatism in the United States. Definition of conservatism; Explanation if there is a connection between conservatism and religious belief; Arguments on the social utility of religion.
- The killing Gospel. Kavanaugh, John F. // America;8/30/1997, Vol. 177 Issue 5, p22
Asserts that religion, at first glance, does not tame the rage to kill but rather seems to spur it. Reports suggesting that religion spurs the rage to kill; Fatal rationality by people who kill out of apparent religious principles; Use of the Gospel to justify capital punishment.