Painless partnerships with IS
- Want to Manage HR Information More Efficiently? Build an Intranet! Kuzmits, Frank E.; Dos Santos, Brian L. // Business Forum;Summer/Fall2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3/4, p24
Focuses on the use of intranets to aid in the management of human resources (HR) information. Intranet features; Kinds of information systems that can be streamlined with intranets; Processing of HR information. INSET: Intranet Uses in Human Resource Management.
- Technical questions. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;2/10/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p53
The article focuses on the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) survey on the progress of human resource information systems. In 2007, the CIPD is seeking to broaden the scope of the survey. One area of growing importance that is being investigated is the use of intranets as...
- ONLINE TIMESHEETS. // Financial Executive;Jul/Aug1997, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p54
The article discusses technological innovations in the sector of employee timesheets. Deltek Systems Inc. has an online timekeeping system called WebET where employees can record their timesheets from any computer in the world that has Internet or intranet access. WebET uses Java and a three...
- Learning the ways of the Intranet. Anderson, Curt // Public Relations Tactics;Feb97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p20
Provides information on how to maximize the use of the Intranet. Appeal of the technology to information systems directors; Features of Intranets; Company staff members' involvement in the development of the Intranet; Planning for establishment of the Intranet.
- Intranet...what's that? // Builders Merchants Journal;Oct98, p16
Discusses about Intranets. Description of Intranet; Intranet publishing as an alternative to paper based media; Benefits of using Intranet.
- Review reveals more companies adopt E-HR. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p61
Focuses on the increase of electronic human resources (HR) in Great Britain. Importance of HR intranet; Accessibility of the database; Inclusion of the web sites for electronic-HR.
- Keep employees on the same page with an intranet. Lee, Mie-Yun // Business Journal (Central New York);04/20/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p8
Encourages the use of the Intranet in personnel management. Advantages of using the Intranet in personnel management; Differentiation of an Intranet Web page with that of a typical Web site; Guidelines in setting up and maintaining an Intranet site.
- The click step. Tyler, Eva // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on self-service electronic human resources (HR) management. Increase in the number of companies which have intranet with HR content; Examples of companies with self-service HR; Benefits of Intranets to HR professionals. INSET: A well-calculated investment.
- Companies expand Web-based HR services. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p22
Focuses on the expansion of the Web-based human resource (HR) services of companies in the U.S. Employees provided with HR intranet access; Contribution of the intranet in offering employee self-service in other areas; Improvements in the timeliness and accuracy of HR in providing information...