10 ways to protect intranet data
- Companies expand Web-based HR services. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p22
Focuses on the expansion of the Web-based human resource (HR) services of companies in the U.S. Employees provided with HR intranet access; Contribution of the intranet in offering employee self-service in other areas; Improvements in the timeliness and accuracy of HR in providing information...
- Review reveals more companies adopt E-HR. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p61
Focuses on the increase of electronic human resources (HR) in Great Britain. Importance of HR intranet; Accessibility of the database; Inclusion of the web sites for electronic-HR.
- Keep employees on the same page with an intranet. Lee, Mie-Yun // Business Journal (Central New York);04/20/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p8
Encourages the use of the Intranet in personnel management. Advantages of using the Intranet in personnel management; Differentiation of an Intranet Web page with that of a typical Web site; Guidelines in setting up and maintaining an Intranet site.
- The click step. Tyler, Eva // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on self-service electronic human resources (HR) management. Increase in the number of companies which have intranet with HR content; Examples of companies with self-service HR; Benefits of Intranets to HR professionals. INSET: A well-calculated investment.
- HR Embraces Web-based Technology. // Workforce;May97, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p24
Presents survey results on the use of corporate Intranets for human resource (HR) purposes in the U.S. in 1998. Reason for the decision of HR to use the technology.
- Use Technology to Make a Better Workplace. // Practical Accountant;Jun2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the use of Web sites and intranets as tools to create a better workplace, according to authors Roger Herman and Joyce Gioia. Use of Web sites for sharing information with employees, families, customers and suppliers; Information that should be made available on intranet sites.
- Network solutions. Arkin, Anat // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p43
Discusses the use of computer software and intranets in British personnel management. Marine Safety Agency's mainframe-based staff on-line information system (SOLIS); EMI International's system from Peterborough Software; Advantages of intranets for large and small organizations.
- Intranet boom needs careful management. Welch, Jilly // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p10
Reports that personnel professionals have a role to play in ensuring that internal company networks provide more than idle gossip. Information technology giants working on joint projects to make off-the-peg intranet packages; Prediction regarding the spending on internal communications...
- Intranet keeps staff updated on news, policies. // Same-Day Surgery;Apr2007, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p46
The article examines the effectiveness of an intranet to promote communications among employees at Brighton Surgery Center in Brighton, New York.