Achieving greater intranet efficiency
- MCI dials up software component repository. Zerega, Blaise // InfoWorld;12/08/97, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p140
Features the component repository in MCI Communications Corp.'s worldwide intranet which helps software developers reuse objects and code. Use of Informix database; Size of the repository; Accessibility to the firm's information technology (IT) professionals; Efforts to convince project teams...
- MCI PINs security on users. Mullich, Joe // PC Week;05/04/98, Vol. 15 Issue 18, p37
Reports on the intranet developed by MCI Communications Corp. to automate the company's human resource functions. The use of personal identification numbers (PIN) for employee authentication; How employees have reacted to the intranet; Innovative applications on the intranet including what is...
- BT and MCI to launch managed intranet service in the U.S. Essick, Kristi // InfoWorld;07/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p66
Reports on British Telecommunications PLC and MCI Communications Corp.'s launching of a managed intranet service to corporate customers called Intranet Complete in the United States and Great Britain. Service features; Benefits to companies; Service charges.
- College Club site begins marketing with MCI support. Riedman, Patricia // Advertising Age;8/31/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 35, p22
This article reports on the launch of the College Club web site's first marketing venture, through partnerships with MCI Communications Corp. and Kaplan Educational Centers, and an ambitious plan to build college Intranets. College Club offers free services that allow students to listen to their...
- Microsoft joins Concert. Bucholtz, Chris // Telephony;11/18/96, Vol. 231 Issue 21, p16
Reports on the efforts of British Telecom and MCI with Microsoft in developing the Concert Communications Services, a suite of intranet services targeted at international customers. Incorporation of the Concert's managed data networking services with Microsoft's range of messaging and intranet...
- Communications network planned. // Marketing News;5/06/96, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p10
The article reports on the alliance formed by MCI Communications Corp., Digital Equipment Corp. and Microsoft Corp. to produce Intranets, the next generation of business networking systems. Chairmen of the three companies said their products, all using existing technology, could be tailored to...
- BT, MCI, Microsoft plan intranet service. Wilson, Carol // Inter@ctive Week;11/18/96, Vol. 3 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the global Intranet service developed by British Telecommunications PLC and MCI Communications Corp. to provide major multinational corporations with a one-stop shop for creating private data networks, as part of their merger plans. Partner for the plan; Background on the service;...
- Hello out there. Major, Michael J. // Equities;Sep96, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p45
Features MCI Communications Corp. Rank in the Nasdaq 1000 list; Net income for 1996; Services offered.
- MCI bonds with LECS--electronically. // Telephony;02/03/97, Vol. 232 Issue 5, p7
Reports on the expected electronic bonding between MCI Communications Corp. and local exchange carriers in the United States.