The dark side of outsourcing
- Moving Jobs to Offshore Markets: Why It's Done and How It Works. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p51
Discusses the practice of companies to move jobs offshore. Reason behind the move of the companies; Advantages of moving jobs offshore; History of job migrating; How moving jobs offshore works.
- Outsourcing can take the pressure off executives. Ford // San Diego Business Journal;10/11/99, Vol. 20 Issue 41, p23
Recommends that executives of startup companies hire outsourcing firms to take care of various issues such as employee recruitment and training, accounting and finance. Freedom of executives to concentrate on critical core business functions; Human resources outsourcing as one of the fastest...
- Employing service organizations and contractors. Weiss, W.H. // Supervision;Jul95, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p8
Evaluates the things a supervisor should consider before using contractors and services to carry out some of the company's operations. Factors that determine the economics of contract against in-house decisions; Selection procedure; Maintenance of employee relations when contracting out.
- Outsourcing as a board-level decision--I. Barnsley, John // NACD Directorship;Jun98, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on business process outsourcing as a board of directors-level decision. What made managers move toward extensive business process outsourcing; Reason for the emerging growth of business process outsourcing according to Ellen Kitzis of Dataquest's Information Technology (IT) Services...
- Outsourcing as a strategic tool. Corbett, Michael F. // Canadian Business Review;Summer96, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p14
Discusses the value of outsourcing as a strategic tool for corporations. Tactics and strategy; Categories of outsourcing relationships; Outsourcing process; Use as leveraging tool; Top reasons for outsourcing.
- Outsourcing adds value, saves money. Spohr, George // Business Journal (Central New York);4/11/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p13
Discusses the benefits that business enterprises in Central New York can derive from outsourcing their production and information technology processes. Expected growth in the trend toward outsourcing of jobs; Issues to consider when planning to outsource certain business functions; Fears that...
- Outsourcing can boost profitability. // USA Today Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 127 Issue 2639, p3
Discusses how companies can increase profitability through outsourcing. Areas of business operation that must be reviewed for outsourcing possibility; Technique in choosing outsourcing partners.
- Outsourcing can break up `business bureaucracy'. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/14/95, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p21
Reports on the benefits offered by outsourcing services for managing businesses. Convenience in business operations; Flexibility created for staffing; Tips for avoiding the negative impact of outsourcing.
- The age of the specialist. Case, John // Inc.;Aug95, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p15
Presents a business scenario where entrepreneurs establish alliances with other companies that offer specialized knowledge for a product or service. Advantages of networking; Increasing number of companies contracting out products and services; Method of profiting through networks.