How do I support risk-taking?
- Books. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Jun97, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p53
Reviews the book `The 8 Practices of Exceptional Companies: How Organizations Make the Most of Their Human Assets,' by Jac Fitz-Enz.
- Book reviews. // NACD Directorship;Jun97, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p15
Reviews the book `The 8 Practices of Exceptional Companies,' by Jac Fitz-Enz.
- THE 8 PRACTICES OF EXCEPTIONAL COMPANIES (Book Review). Brotherton, Phaedra // HR Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p144
Reviews the book `The 8 Practices of Exceptional Companies: How Great Organizations Make the Most of Their Human Assets,' by Jac Fitz-enz.
- The ESOP option. Chandler, Douglas // Electrical Wholesaling;Mar1997, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p27
Presents an overview of selling companies to employees through an employee stock ownership plan (ESOP). Assurance of continuity; Pretax distribution of profits; Tax break through employee stock ownership trust; Employer securing part of ESOP loan; Lower price for company stocks; Determination...
- CEO as a Recruiter. Lee, Chuck // Executive Excellence;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p6
Focuses on ways of retaining management team and employees. Considerations in providing retention agreement; Identification of key leadership capabilities; Creation of family-friendly work environment.
- Unleashing Talent. Peterson, David B.; Hicks, Mary Dee // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p7
Comments on the factors necessary for business organizations to implement management strategies based on learning and cultivating employees' talent. Encouragement of a learning environment based on insight, motivation, capabilities and real-world practice; Avoidance of quick fixes, investing in...
- Wandering Around. Bell, Chip // Executive Excellence;Jun2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
Provide tips for employee supervision without being an intruder. Utilization of management by wandering around to improve connection and communication; Proper scheduling of rounds; Considerations in the rounds management; Aspects to be assess during supervision.
- The hidden costs of global ambition. Vermeulen, Amanda // Finance Week;4/5/2002, p13
Reports on the costs of the global expansion of companies in South Africa. Complexity of the recruitment of staff in foreign operations; Cost of sending expatriates into the field; Cost of a failed expatriate contract.
- Making every training dollar count. Rogers, Thomas // Automotive Marketing;Apr95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p65
Examines the effectivity of providing adequate training to employees in order to improve their individual performances. Frustrations of retailers, jobbers and employees; Situations and attitudes which limit the effectivity of personnel training; Training as a means to solve personnel skill...