New Guinea's killer tsunami spurs crisis response
- reaching out. Paulos, Leah // Scholastic Choices;Apr/May2005, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the relief work done by Julia and Carolina Grueskin for tsunami victims.
- THIS DAY. // Professional Engineering;1/27/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on relief efforts provided Engineers for Disaster Relief (RedR) to the victims of the tsunami that hit Southeast Asia and the Eurozone crises for the carmakers with their plants in the Great Britain.
- 'THANK YOU AUSTRALIA'. Williams, Glen // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);1/2/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p30
The article focuses on the involvement of Australia in rebuilding Banda Aceh, Indonesia which was hit by a tsunami in 2005. It offers information on the continuance of the tasks of education in Banda Aceh. It mentions the restoration by Australian Red Cross nurse Amanda McLelland and her team of...
- Tsunami relief. Pope, Christina // MGMA Connexion;May/Jun2005, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p60
Reports on the relief efforts to help the victims of the December 26, 2004 tsunami in Asia. Medical Group Management Association member Rusty DeGeorge's journey to help Asian tsunami victims; Experiences of the volunteers; Professional knowledge and personal mission of the volunteers.
- Don't lose site of the human tragedy in Asia. Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;1/24/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p63
The article presents author's opinion on the tsunami crisis in the Indian Ocean. It is impossible not to be shocked by the recent tsunami in the Indian Ocean with its cost of at least 163,000 lives and billions of dollars in damages. Furniture people had to be especially concerned when Thailand...
- ELEPHANTS TO THE RESCUE. Wassner, Sarah // National Geographic Kids;Apr2005, Issue 349, p9
Presents information on trained elephants that assist in tsunami relief in Asian countries. Photograph of a pachyderm lifting a motorcycle from the wreckage using its trunk.
- Wave of compassion in wake of tsunami. // Progressive Grocer;2/1/2005, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the outpouring of charity in the U.S. for the victims of tsunami that struck South Asia on December 26, 2004. Organization of fund raising by grocers; List of companies which partnered with the American Red Cross; Remarks from several grocers.
- Walk Through Hell. Leafy, Ingrid // North & South;Mar2005, Issue 228, p100
Presents an article on the devastation caused by a tsunami in Banda Aceh, Indonesia. Survival story of a driver; Condition of disaster survivors at the refugee camps; Relief supplies given to a school in Calang.
- DISPATCHES. // Yoga Journal;Aug2005, Issue 189, p103
Presents news briefs of interest to yoga in the United States, compiled as of August 2005. Funds raised by Eclectic Yoga, a studio in Washington Heights, in tsunami relief; Expansion of Jivamukti Yoga Center in New York.