College Gross Sales, Returns Were Up In June; Net Sales Declined
- Net College Sales Flat in July, Up 2.1% in First Seven Months. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p4
The article reports on a $908.4 million decrease in gross sales of college instructional materials in the U.S., based from the latest sales report from the Association of American Publishers. The 3.7% decline maintained the July 2006 net sales. However, year-to-date returns rose to 7.3% within...
- June Is Good Month for College Publishers; Net Sales Up 7%. // Educational Marketer;8/21/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 24, p7
The article focuses on the recent monthly sales report of college publishers carried out by the Association of American Publishers in the U.S. in June 2006. It has been sought that June becomes the favorable month for college publishers since gross sales of higher education instructional...
- Association of American Publishers sees Freedom of Information threat. // Library Journal;4/15/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 8, p778
Reports that in a letter to the U.S. Department of Justice, the Association of American Publishers (AAP) contends that the policy guidance statement issued by Assistant Attorney will block authors and their publishers from obtaining information. Effect of the policy on the accessibility of...
- College IM Sales Flatten in July, up 0.2%. // Educational Marketer;9/27/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p6
The article reports on the decline of college instructional materials (IM) sales in the U.S. for July 2010. According to a report released by the Association of American Publishers (AAP), the net sales of college IM has decreased up to 0.2 percent. Moreover, a chart is presented depicting the...
- Copyright Protection Stressed at AAP Meeting. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p17
Highlights the Association of American Publishers annual meeting held February 7-8, 2001 in Washington, D.C. Increase in the antipiracy budget announced in the conference; Account of the address given by Playboy Inc. chairman Christie Hefner; Mandatory electronic-book presentation given by...
- AAP copyright infringement suit names professors, NYU, copy center. // Library Journal;2/1/1983, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p162
Reports that the Association of American Publishers (AAP) has filed suit against New York University (NYU), a number of NYU professors, and the Unique Copy Center for copyright infringement. Publishers involved in filing the suit; Accusations against the defendants; Comments of Carol Risher of...
- College Publishers See 2.7% Net Sales Growth in 2008. // Educational Marketer;2/16/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p7
The article announces that the Association of American Publishers had announced the 2.7% increase in its net sales from 3.57 billion dollars in 2007 to 3.67 billion dollars in 2008.
- While AAP Reports Positive First Half Sales Gains, K-12 Industry Still Projects Flat Year. // Educational Marketer;8/18/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p1
Reports on the positive sales figures for K-12 basal programs and supplemental materials in first six months of 2003 in the U.S. Release of the report from the Association of American Publishers; Percentage increase gained by the industry; Collection of the AAP sales from 10 publishers.
- College Textbook Net Sales Decline 30.5% in April as Returns Climb. // Educational Marketer;7/7/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on the 30.5% decrease of net sales of college textbooks based on the monthly sales report from the Association of American Publishers in April in the U.S.