Off a Flat Q2, WRC Media Helps Schools Locate New Funding
- WRC Media Prepares For Tough Period. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;12/1/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 48, p9
Reports that the supplementary educational publisher WRC Media has instituted a headcount freeze for the remainder of 2003 to cope with what company CEO Martin Kenny called a challenging funding environment. Decline in total sales at the company for the third quarter of 2003; Factors which...
- WRC Media Releases Mixed Year-End Report. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/23/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the decline in total sales of WRC Media, a supplementary educational publisher for the fiscal year 2003. Rate of increase in operating income; Comparison of the net loss of the company between 2002 and 2003; Percentage of sales at the company's operating segments; Appointment of Neal...
- CompassLearning Drives Revenue Gains At WRC Media in 2001. // Electronic Education Report;03/01/2002, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p4
Reports the growth of the revenue of the electronic supplemental publisher WRC Media in New York City. Contribution of the CompassLearning software sales on the increase earning of the company; Financial statement of the company; Views of Martin Kenney, chief executive officer of the company,...
- Marketing can help publishers weather the recession. Rapple, Charlie // Research Information;Jun/Jul2009, Issue 42, p9
The article reports on marketing strategies to help publishers inform librarians, authors and readers of their actions. The author explains that with the current economic recession, marketing tactics such as using information to build profiles are used to enable communication with customers. One...
- WRC Media Reports Q1 Sales Drop At CompassLearning Software Unit. // Electronic Education Report;05/24/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p7
Reports on financial results posted by WRC Media for the first quarter of 2000.
- WRC Q2 Revenues Led By Increases At CompassLearning Software Unit. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the financial results of New York-based media company WRC Media for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000.
- WRC Media Operating Units Report Mixed Results in 3Q 2000. // Electronic Education Report;12/06/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p4
Focuses on the third quarter financial performance of New York-based WRC Media.
- WRC Reports Mixed Results From Operating Segments In Q2 2000. // Educational Marketer;08/21/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p8
Reports on the financial performance of WRC Media for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000.
- WRC Media Reorganizes Properties To Increase Its Competitive Edge. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p6
Reports the reorganization of subsidiaries into operating units by WRC Media in New York. Rationale of the organization; Status of CompassLearning and American Guidance Service Inc. under the reorganization plan; Classification of Weekly Reader and World Almanac Education to Reference and...