Reed Won't Replace Lucki; Harcourt Rests Solely in Tierney's Hands
- Harcourt's Lucki Headed to Houghton Mifflin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/21/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 29, p62
Reports on the plan of Tony Lucki to resign as chief executive officer of the elhi and trade operations of U.S. firm Harcourt Education. Reason behind his plan; Company background.
- Harcourt Expects K-12 Revenue To Be At Least Flat In 2004, Beating The Industry, Before Growing In 2005. // Educational Marketer;12/13/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 35, p1
This article reports that according to a company sales update in December 2004, revenue at Florida-based Harcourt Education Group, a division of London-based global media giant Reed Elsevier PLC, is on track in 2004 to at least match the $1.11 billion generated in 2003. According to Reed...
- Publishers Turn in Mixed Results in H1. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of textbook publishers in the first quarter of 2007. Accordingly, among the major publishers who posted a positive growth are McGraw-Hill Education and Pearson Education Inc., which generated revenue of $979 million and $1.88 billion,...
- Tierney Brings Digital Experience In Move to Reed Elsevier Education. // Educational Marketer;12/16/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the appointment of Patrick Tierney as chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier PLC in London, England. Career background; Job description; Potentials of Tierney for the company.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Reed Elsevier ends long search for CEO. Callahan, Sean // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Aug99, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Crispin Davis' appointment as chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier PLC, the parent company of Cahners Business Information. Herman Bruggingk and Nigel Stapleton as predecessors; Davis' previous position at Aegis Group PLC; Financial problems of Reed Elsevier; Brian Kardon's...
- Disappearing CEOs test City's faith. Welch, Jilly // People Management;4/22/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p13
Reports on the inability of companies, such as Barclays Bank and publishing group Reed Elsevier, to appoint chief executives. Call of Richard Joyce of the Institute of Directors on companies to include human resource (HR) directors in discussions about board-level recruitment and succession...
- Reed Elsevier to sell its British papers. // Editor & Publisher;8/12/95, Vol. 128 Issue 32, p16
Reports on Reed Elsevier's plans to sell its regional newspapers in Great Britain. Other newspapers and assets to be sold.
- Harcourt Assessment Adds to New Testing Management Team. // Educational Marketer;9/8/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the appointment of three vice-presidents by Harcourt Education Group's San Antonio, Texas-based clinical testing branch Harcourt Assessment. Functions of Everett Plante as vice-president and chief technology officer of the branch; Role of John Tanner as vice-president of testing...