Testing Slump Knocks Harcourt Education's U.S. K-12 Revenue Down 6% in First Six Months
- With Sale of Company Under Way, Harcourt Revenue Slides 1% in 2007. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p7
The article reports on the decline of the revenue of Harcourt Education Group's School and Assessment business in the U.S. It states that company's revenue dropped to 1% to 708 million in 2007 from 2006. It notes that a weaker performance in supplemental sales affected the textbook sales gains....
- Harcourt Weathers A Disappointing Year; Revenue At U.S. School And Assessment Business Up 3.4%. // Educational Marketer;2/20/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Harcourt Education Group company in 2005 in the U.S. The company's revenue from its school and assessment businesses increased by 3.4 percent. Overall, the company generated revenue of 1.68 billion dollars. The factors contributing to the...
- In Cost-Cutting Measure, Harcourt Education Eliminates 350 of 3,000 Jobs Nationwide. // Educational Marketer;2/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p1
Reports on the layoff of several employees of Harcourt Education Group in Orlando, Florida. Implementation of cost-cutting measures by the company; Number of employees accepting the voluntary separation offer of the company; Statistics on the revenue of the company.
- Mixed Results: Harcourt, Thomson, Pearson Ed. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/21/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 12, p16
Provides information on the financial performance of major educational and professional publishers in 2004. Sales decline in the subsidiary of Harcourt Education; Increase in sales at Thomson Learning, according to Thomson Corp.; Business losses posted by Pearson Education.
- Harcourt Plays Catch-Up In E-Basal Textbook Alliance With Riverdeep. // Educational Marketer;11/5/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 31, p5
Reports on the strategic alliance between Harcourt Education Group and educational software publisher Riverdeep to develop electronic textbooks in the United States.
- Harcourt Education Promotes From Within to Fill School and HRW Posts. // Educational Marketer;11/18/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 33, p3
Reports on executive appointments made by Harcourt Education for its School Publishers and Holt Rinehart and Winston operations.
- Harcourt Education Performs for Reed Elsevier, Driving K-12 Education Revenue Up 79% in 2002. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the expansion of the revenue of Harcourt Education, the kindergarten-grade 12 division of Reed Elsevier PLC, in 2002.
- Job Cuts Coming to Harcourt Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/20/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the decision of Harcourt Education to reduce its workforce, as of January 2003. Reasons for the decision; Details of the staff reduction program.
- Education cuts fight. Larkin, Jim // Printing World;12/9/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 10, p8
Reports on the fight of a union against Harcourt Education Group on job cuts in Oxford, England.