THE COVENANT OF CIRCUMCISION (GENESIS 17:9-14) AND THE SITUATIONAL ANTITHESES IN GALATIANS 3:28
- From the Editor. // Expository Times;Jul2003, Vol. 114 Issue 10, p325
Reflects on Bible translation. Comparison between 'The New English Bible' (NEB) and 'The Revised English Bible' (REB); Description of NEB; Year the NEB Old Testament was published.
- Verse. // Malakoff News (TX);9/21/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 35, p1A
The article presents a verse from the Bible N.T. Galatians related for doing good works in good deed.
- Bodies Bound for Circumcision and Baptism: An Intersex Critique and the Interpretation of Galatians. Marchal, Joseph A. // Theology & Sexuality: The Journal of the Institute for the Study;Sep2010, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p163
Arguments about the meaning of specific forms of embodiment resonate across a range of contexts, both theological and supposedly non-theological, ancient and contemporary. These forms are potently reconsidered in light of the modern medicalized management of intersex populations and the intersex...
- RESEARCH ON THE LETTER TO THE GALATIANS: 2000-2010. Tolmie, D. F. // Acta Theologica;2012, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p118
This article is devoted to an overview of research published on the Letter to the Galatians from 2000 to 2010. An attempt is made to paint as detailed a picture as possible of the research on the letter, but in such a way that the gist of the contributions that have been selected is also...
- KNOW YOUR BIBLE. Wallace, Wilson // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);5/24/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 21, p3
The article offers information on the content of the Galatians 6:2 written in the new testament of the Bible.
- THE GRAMMAR OF RESURRECTION IN ISAIAH 26:19a-c. Schmitz, Philip C. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Spring2003, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p145
Presents the morphology of the words, syntax of the sentences and the structure of the poetic lines of the biblical Isaiah 26:19. Characteristics of Isaiah 24-27; Analysis of the ancient Greek translation of the passage; Similarity of the passage to Ezekiel 37:1-14.
- COMPOSITRY AND CREATIVITY IN 2 SAMUEL 21:1-14. Chevel, Simeon // Journal of Biblical Literature;Spring2003, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p23
Considers the methods by which ancient editors used literary-critical analysis in the flow of narrative Biblical 2 Samuel 21:1-14. Criteria used in analyzing 2 Samuel 21:1-14; Themes of the narrative; Assessment of the story of the atonement for Saul's violation of the oath.
- ON THE COMPOSITION HISTORY OF THE LONGER ("SECRET") GOSPEL OF MARK. Brown, Scott G. // Journal of Biblical Literature;Spring2003, Vol. 122 Issue 1, p89
Examines the longer version of the Gospel of Mark based on Clement of Alexandria's Letter to Theodore. Theories of the school of longer Markan priority; General problems with the theory of longer Markan priority; Details of a composition-critical consideration in favor of canonical Markan...
- THE WORD. Mc Corry, Vincent P. // America;8/31/1963, Vol. 109 Issue 9, p220
The article discusses the meaning of the Epistle of Galatians 3:22. According to the author, the text depicts the representation of the Scriptures, as well as the significance of an individual's faith to Jesus Christ. However, it cites that it is a perennial problem in the Christian life to...