The FDA issues a warning about a common disinfectant
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;1/7/2012, Issue 1383, p16
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old man who developed anaphylaxis twice after receiving chlorhexidine during total hip arthroplasty.
- Intranasal chlorhexidine resulting in anaphylactic circulatory arrest. Chisholm, D.G.; Calder, I. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/27/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7111, p785
Reports on a case of prolonged circulatory arrest proven to be an acute anaphylactic reaction to intranasal chlorhexidine. Background on the patient; Case history; Significance of the case.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;9/15/2012, Issue 1419, p16
The article describes the case of a 67-year-old man who experienced anaphylaxis while undergoing urinary catheterisation with a lubricant containing chlorhexidine.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;5/9/2009, Issue 1251, p12
The article describes several case reports involving eight patients who developed Burkholderia stabilis bacteraemia aftera contaminated chlorhexidine solution was used to disinfect indwelling venous catheters. The patients, comprised of six male and two female, were hospitalised for acute...
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;2/1/2014, Issue 1486, p12
The article presents a case study of a female infant with hyperchloraemia which developed during treatment with chlorhexidine for sepsis.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;7/14/2007, Issue 1160, p14
The article describes the case of a 28-year-old woman who developed allergic contact dermatitis after application of a chlorhexidine solution. Her subsequent patch tests revealed a positive reaction to phenolsufonphthalein. After her ovarian cyst surgery, she received chlorhexidine solution for...
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;6/20/2009, Issue 1257, p13
The article describes the case of a woman who developed anaphylaxis after being exposed to 1% chlorhexidine, which was contained in a 70% alcohol skin wash. To confirm that her anaphylactic reaction was caused by chlorhexidine, the patient underwent skin prick testing. There are other 25 cases...
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;5/11/2013, Issue 1452, p12
The article presents a case study of a 40-year-old woman diagnosed with allergic contact dermatitis after administering chlorhexidine as a skin disinfectant prior to her laparoscopy.
- Occupational asthma in nurses caused by chlorhexidine and alcohol aerosols. Waclawski, E.R.; McAlpine, L.G.; Thomson, N.C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/8/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6678, p929
Reports a case of occupational asthma caused by chlorhexidine and alcohol aerosols in nurses. Usefulness of buprenorphine as alternative to intramuscular morphine; Effects of high lipid solubility of the drugs; Association between asthma and use of chlorhexidine and alcohol aerosols.