The FDA issues a warning about a common disinfectant
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;1/7/2012, Issue 1383, p16
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old man who developed anaphylaxis twice after receiving chlorhexidine during total hip arthroplasty.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;Apr2015, Vol. 1546 Issue 1, p67
The article presents case report of a patient who developed type-1 hypersensitivity or allergic contact dermatitis (ACD) following use of chlorhexidine.
- Intranasal chlorhexidine resulting in anaphylactic circulatory arrest. Chisholm, D.G.; Calder, I. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);09/27/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7111, p785
Reports on a case of prolonged circulatory arrest proven to be an acute anaphylactic reaction to intranasal chlorhexidine. Background on the patient; Case history; Significance of the case.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;Sep2014, Vol. 1519 Issue 1, p48
The article presents case studies of four women with allergic contact dermatitis which developed after being exposed to topical chlorhexidine while working as nurses.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;Oct2015, Vol. 1574 Issue 1, p66
The article discusses a case report of a 72-year-old woman who developed blanching urticaria on her back after the application of chlorhexidine for a surgery.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;5/9/2009, Issue 1251, p12
The article describes several case reports involving eight patients who developed Burkholderia stabilis bacteraemia aftera contaminated chlorhexidine solution was used to disinfect indwelling venous catheters. The patients, comprised of six male and two female, were hospitalised for acute...
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;9/15/2012, Issue 1419, p16
The article describes the case of a 67-year-old man who experienced anaphylaxis while undergoing urinary catheterisation with a lubricant containing chlorhexidine.
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;6/20/2009, Issue 1257, p13
The article describes the case of a woman who developed anaphylaxis after being exposed to 1% chlorhexidine, which was contained in a 70% alcohol skin wash. To confirm that her anaphylactic reaction was caused by chlorhexidine, the patient underwent skin prick testing. There are other 25 cases...
- Chlorhexidine. // Reactions Weekly;5/11/2013, Issue 1452, p12
The article presents a case study of a 40-year-old woman diagnosed with allergic contact dermatitis after administering chlorhexidine as a skin disinfectant prior to her laparoscopy.